• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is miniDSP 2x4 HD really that bad?

Miniyouuuu

You mean you can connect USB Out to the DAC?? I thought USB in/out was PC/Mac only.
2x4HD can also be used as digital only DSP: toslink in ->usb out (to host). This is how I use mine.
That said, the flex gives you a display, volume knob, more complete set of inputs... not just a black box with a blue led surrounded by cables. You pay for a more finished product.

Imo both 2x4hd and flex are great value devices, more so if compared with the dozens of 700 euros stereo dacs reviewed here every second week

MCH

Major Contributor
You mean you can connect USB Out to the DAC?? I thought USB in/out was PC/Mac only.
No, to a host computer. In my case is:
Source > toslink > mindsp > rpi > multichannel dac.
The reason is to have Dirac.

Miniyouuuu

Ok, now I understand.
Flex digital give you the chance to pick toslink/coaxial from a streamer, correct Phase/frecuency and send it through toslink/coaxial to an external DAC or amp with DAC. No need for PC, just the day you measure and develop each set.

Additionally, flex digital allow rca inpus for analogue sources.

1706854899217.jpeg

Pritaudio

If you need it for a sub the svs pro lineup has eq on their app, but doesn’t have the high pass signal to the stereo pair. Not many dsp devices can both output a desired frequency range and spl to the stereo pair AND to the subwoofer for required integration. Also, there aren’t very many subwoofer with some sort of digital input as well as the standard analogue.

Top Bottom