• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

TouchMyWoofer

I am considering buying the ls60 but due to toddlers I am skeptical regarding the missing grille. Can you tell me how delicate the tweeters and woofers are?

terryforsythe

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I am considering buying the ls60 but due to toddlers I am skeptical regarding the missing grille. Can you tell me how delicate the tweeters and woofers are?
When my children were toddlers they were fascinated with pushing in on the drivers in my speakers, which had not grills. I became quite adept at using things (e.g., tape and/or a paper clip) to pop dust caps back out.

BigFKahuna

LS60's for over a year now, along with 5 grandchildren and 5 rowdy dogs that visit with them. Knock on wood, but no issues this far. There is enough to keep them occupied, and on the one or two occasions when one did want to touch the speakers a quick "tut-tut" was all it took. I am more worried about the party antics of their adult parents!

TouchMyWoofer

In the end I do believe you can teach kids to leave certain stuff alone. But shit happens. I read of others here sewing a cover for them but that is not really my style. I am considering the Buchardt A10 as well.

VincentM

If you can feed them via the S/PDIF input (up to 24/192PCM), they can be treated just like regular powered speakers, albeit in pairs.

Ah. You want them to be a complete multichannel system. That's another story. :oops:
A modified Oppo 203 with VanityHD board(wich has 7.1 digital out via coax) could be a solution.

Puddingbuks

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
It’s looks over practicality with kef.

But try implementing 5 covers, or three on front and both sides.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In room pics as promised.

have not used any eq yet . That the next thing after .

the subs works very well out of the box with the suggested settings, good work gentlemen I tried to adjust the level one dB up or down it sounded best as set by KEF .

fine products sound very good just dumped into my room in the only places they can go a nice suprise :) too me , not accustomed to well designed speakers .. the usual stuff I owned in the past has demanded trying out all kinds of things .

i did the following tried different distances to the back wall and adjusted the toe in to my liking. With a laser pointer at the top of the speakers I listen slightly of axis as recommended with coaxials .

now picks .

IMG_0001.jpeg

IMG_0002.jpeg

IMG_0003.jpeg

goat76

Major Contributor
i did the following tried different distances to the back wall and adjusted the toe in to my liking. With a laser pointer at the top of the speakers I listen slightly of axis as recommended with coaxials .

I think the LS60s are meant to be sounding best without any toe-in at all, from the on-axis measurements I’ve seen they have a fairly large treble boost. But the “to my liking” part is of course the most important thing to get right. :)

What a nice looking home you have.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think the LS60s are meant to be sounding best without any toe-in at all, from the on-axis measurements I’ve seen they have a fairly large treble boost. But the “to my liking” part is of course the most important thing to get right. :)

What a nice looking home you have.

i did not manage to capture that in the pics the placement is not symetrical and there are large openings on the sides so side reflection are different and may not exist so much on one side and on the other it’s close to a cabinet.
the room is quite open to the sides .
so for some reas there was not that much solid phantom center with no toe in ?
maybe if pull them closer together .

but it migth be taste, on my previous Meridian speakers I always tweaked the treble down whole the time , they where bright .

either way it works for some reason when I dial in some bass eq I migth reconsider again :)
the ls60 is not very placement sensitive the tonal balance is very similar in a wide range of toe in out ?

Top Bottom