• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kiwi Ears Quintet

Bow_Wazoo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I couldn't resist any longer.
The construction is too interesting... My Quintet arrives today.

Does anyone know more about the pzt?

Human Bass

There is a certain harshness/distortion in the high mids I felt with mine. If they could fix that it would have been the perfect iem to my preferences.

Bow_Wazoo

Yesterday I listened to Norah Jones and some EDM.
I'm thrilled until then.

20231207_082308.jpg

I am the same with my PR2 (and these costs are only 1/4), but the difference is clear.
Although the PR2 is very dynamic and high-res, but the timbre of the Quintet is much more authentic / realistic. And that makes the crucial difference. Ultimately, the Quintet scores across the board. The overall sound has more sophistication and emotion. The bass has punch. Voices convey emotions. Yes and the heighs are pure magic. They are incredibly detailed and delicate at the same time. On the one hand they are reserved, on the other hand they are extremely high resolution in a high quality way.
The Quintet is refreshingly different!

PS.
Why not save €150 and buy the Zero Red instead? Because this in-ear just sounds boring. Why? I don't know it. It's just like that. At least for me.

Last edited:

markanini

Major Contributor
Truthear Red sounds boring to me without a treble boost EQ. With it impress me a lot, lots of texture and fairly immersive. That's how I'd prefer to compare.

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
As someone mentioned these graph very, very similar to the Truthear Zero Red but with more bass. I also really like the looks of the Orchestra Lite, but am worried about comments regarding the bass not being impactful like the Dynamic Driver IEMs. Perhaps with a little EQ to bring down the 4-8 kHz area the Quintets would be something special.

graph Kiwi.png

Last edited:

MacClintock

As someone mentioned these graph very, very similar to the Truthear Zero Red but with more bass. I also really like the looks of the Orchestra Lite, but am worried about comments regarding the bass not being impactful like the Dynamic Driver IEMs. Perhaps with a little EQ to bring down the 4-8 kHz area the Quintets would be something special.

View attachment 349324
In fact all what you need is a cheap and comfotable IEM, with a sufficiently smooth FR, and then apply EQ, like the Kiwi Ears Cadenza. Sound in IEMs is just FR. There is no such thing as "weak BA bass" or "DD bass slum", these are all myths.

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In fact all what you need is a cheap and comfotable IEM, with a sufficiently smooth FR, and then apply EQ, like the Kiwi Ears Cadenza. Sound in IEMs is just FR. There is no such thing as "weak BA bass" or "DD bass slum", these are all myths.
I generally agree, though ideally I would start with something that needs the least EQ.

MacClintock

I generally agree, though ideally I would start with something that needs the least EQ.
I agree as well, so for me that would be, for example, the 7Hz Salnotes Zero II, the Truthear Zero:Red with 10 Ohm adapter, the Truthear Nova, The Kiwi Ears Quintet or the Moondrop Variations.

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I like the Variations but there's no way I'd pay the asking price. You could put the Kiwi Ears Orchestra Lite in the running though, if you didn't crave lots of bass, or the AFUL Performer 5. Also add Binary x Gizaudio Chopin to that list.

Last edited:
Top Bottom