• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Klipsch The Nines - Review & Measurements by Erin

pinouk134

Here is my in room response of The Nines without sub with all default settings (no eq) from my listening position. The second picture is with JBL L8400p sub, no EQ, and +4, +1, -2 dB equalization. Obviously dips at 120Hz and 180 Hz cause slight lack of punch. But otherwise very enjoyable speakers. Used REW software.

Attachments

• default nines.jpg
    default nines.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 4,1,-2, sub10 inv.jpg
    4,1,-2, sub10 inv.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 67

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Here is my in room response of The Nines without sub with all default settings (no eq) from my listening position. The second picture is with JBL L8400p sub, no EQ, and +4, +1, -2 dB equalization. Obviously dips at 120Hz and 180 Hz cause slight lack of punch. But otherwise very enjoyable speakers. Used REW software.
Room modes?

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Yes room modes. You can only fill those properly with subwoofer(s) placed strategically, correctly phase aligned and xovered to the mains with a DSP system. Pumping energy via the mains into those frequencies is not ideal and could even damage your mains.

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I haven't measured, but I'm getting room modes too. NERD's "Lemonade" really shows them off with parts of the bass line dropping out.

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Stereophile just reviewed and measured them too. It's interesting to see the comparison between the Klippel NFS and Stereophile's measurements.

Per @John Atkinson 's request, I have just linked to the stereophile website (And not copy/pasted anything).

Top Bottom