• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Link to Yamaha NS1000 capacitors please.

oldius

Good morning. This is my first post on the forum and I am grateful for any help offered.

If I wished to replace the capacitors for the tweeter, midrange and woofer on my Yamaha NS1000, could someone provide a direct link to the appropriate capacitors? I do not wish for boutique marques, just high-quality, durable, reliable capacitors that will retain the original values demanded in the Yamaha crossover.

Many thanks.

Geoff

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think Elna and Nichico made the originals. A repair shop might have originals.Oak tree may be the best bet.

solderdude

Grand Contributor

It depends on how much space you have available, how you want to go about this.
Replace with same values and same construction or you want to use different components, for instance change the 2.7 and 3.5uF with film capacitors and higher values with bipolar electrolytics.

It might be best to contact one of the many DIY speaker material sellers and choose from their offering.

OP
O

oldius

I should have been clear. I wish to replace with the original values, I am not searching for the ACTUAL capacitors (manufacturer and model) that Yamaha used back in the day.

Last edited:

MAB

Major Contributor
I should have been clear. I wish to replace with the original values, I am not searching for the ACTUAL capacitors (manufacturer and model) that Yamaha used back in the day.
On the link that solderdude provided, Troels Gravesen has the exact values.
Some of the values will need to use multiples.
Like the 94uF capacitor can be made from a 90uF and 4uF in parallel.
1699497359483.png

He even provides the original coil's measured DCR.
And provides measurements and his own modified crossover:

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom