• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Lyngdorf TDAI 1120 compared to other amps?

TSX

I had to opportunity to try the Lyngdorf amp for a day at home. I was not overly impressed compared to what I read (and what I got already), but the sound was completely good enough for me. I tried to compare it to my current amp, which is a "cheap" DENON AVR-X1100W. By compare I mean changing speaker cables and listening to the same track a handfull of times on both amps. I know it's not an optimal procedure in any way, but it's better than nothing I guess. I think I could hear an improvement in seperation and clarity, but it could be placebo. The Lyngdorf is definitely very Roon friendly and Roon is my main source of music consumption.

Anyway. The Lyngdorf does not exactly come cheap, and as I do all my EQ'ing in Roon (actually only slight low shelf), so all the software features of the Lyngdorf I might not need. I did the Room Perfect setup, but was not impressed at all. The RP result was lowering my low end, but it did not sound better than when bypassed imho. I've used a lot of time treating my main listeningroom, and I'm quite happy with how it sounds, so I really don't need or care for any room correction software, as I do not see any need to correct anything, that I cannot handle in Roon.

I was wondering if I would get a similar sonically result with something like the Sabaj A30a integrated amp? (https://hifi-express.com/products/sabaj-a30a-power-amplifier?variant=43060597948660) Or maybe even the WIIM amp?

Thanks!

D

Deleted member 48726

You don't mention which speakers you have, what the distance from the speakers are to your listening position, how loud you listen or what music you listen to. All those are essential for answering your question.

The general answer to you general question is; no, there is no audible benefit from interchanging well designed amplifiers given that they are allowed to operate within their limits.

OP
TSX

TSX

which speakers you have, what the distance from the speakers are to your listening position, how loud you listen or what music you listen to. All those are essential for answering your question
DSL R55 speakers
86744.jpg

I sit approx 8-10ft from the speakers. I usually listen at moderate levels (60-70 Db but mostly sub 60), I listen to all kinds of music, but electronic music, metal, rock and jazz mostly. I do not listen to classical music, country and reggae :)

D

Deleted member 48726

DSL R55 speakers View attachment 336243

I sit approx 8-10ft from the speakers. I usually listen at moderate levels (60-70 Db but mostly sub 60), I listen to all kinds of music, but electronic music, metal, rock and jazz mostly. I do not listen to classical music, country and reggae :)

By my estimations you don't use much power. You would be fine with almost whatever solid state or class D amplifier you choose and there will be no audibly difference between them. Only concern should be how high noise the chosen amplifier has.

OP
TSX

TSX

OP
TSX

TSX

Top Bottom