• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

misprinted compact discs

TonyJZX

Major Contributor

i've never seen this outside of dupe factories

also i cant listen to whatever the hell is on that disc! possibly not my generation?

turn sound on, or not

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Just old "classic" rock. Not my cup of tea, either.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
My guess would be a counterfeit disk, but the bigger scandal is your distaste for Grahm Nash/CSN
I could take a lot of that stuff when I was young, but my patience with it has worn thin in time.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I have a budget three-disc set of Charles Ives piano, with one channel inverted on all three.

I emailed the publisher (Vox), and the reply was something like "So? Whataboutit?".

And an early Stones CD that isn't, but I forget what it really is.

The rest have no memorable deflictions.

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
I bought a 2-disc album once that had two copies of the same disc (both printed the same too so just a packaging problem). I had bought it retail so I exchanged it the same day.

And I had one various artists disc with some songs listed on the case insert but missing from the disc and it had some audio defects. I ripped the good tracks and returned it. :p

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
In 1985 I bought Deep Purples CD Perfect Strangers and returned it because one song was in mono and had much worse SQ than the other songs. Later I bought it again and then it was OK.

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There are a ton of misprinted CDs out there and it's something that's cropped up occasionally but regularly ever since the 1980s. Same for misprinted vinyl LPs both before and since the advent of CDs.

OP
T

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
this is the AMAZING response I got from this company:

Hello there,

Firstly, thank you for your email and purchase from us.

We are so sorry to hear that your item appears to have been damaged in transit and has arrived in such poor condition.
Please be assured, your item left our warehouse brand new and unmarked. We are disappointed to hear it hasn’t reached you the same way.

We rely on companies such as Royal Mail to handle our parcels with care and deliver them safely to our customers. However, despite taking particular care when packing goods, damage to fragile mail can unfortunately occur.
If the damage is minimal and you are happy to keep the item, we would like to refund 20% off the cost to you.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused and thank you for understanding.

Kris
Customer care team
Rarewaves

Top Bottom