• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ML XT F200 polarity issue in REW?

b407driver

My dad recently upgraded his Martin Logan 60XTi to the new XT F200, and I did some quick measurements in REW to see how they looked. Fairly new to REW, still getting familiar with the basics of it (currently learning time-aligning, etc.), but got some results that were... odd. Audyssey MultEQ XT32 reported the left main as out of phase (I have previously seen this from my Polk LSiMs), so took additional measurement with the wires reversed to see what effect it had (we confirmed all other wiring was 'correct'). Anyway, looking at the Impulse window in REW, the left speaker behaves unlike any other speaker/measurement I've since looked at, but I don't know enough to be able to 'read' what the problem is.

Three screenshots follow (I can post the REW file if needed):
  1. Left 'correct' wiring
  2. Left 'reversed' wiring
  3. Right 'correct' wiring
Any insight as to what might be going on would be very helpful, and I appreciate any advice given!

1_MLf200-left_correct.jpg

2_MLf200-left_reversed.jpg

3_MLf200-right_correct.jpg

OP
B

b407driver

Nothing? No one has any idea what is going on with this speaker?

Top Bottom