• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mofi StudioPhono Stage Review

Rate this phono stage:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 15 13.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 77 71.3%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 14 13.0%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters

board

I looked hard at the pics of the preamp and its PCB and think that there is only on RIAA stage (the opamps with those 2 red caps, 1 per channel) and probably also only one amplifying stage (U5 for one channel) in front of it, with the Dip switches changing the gain. Those preamps which are optimized for both MM and MC usually have separate inputs, separate amplifying stages and very often separate RIAA stages. I might be wrong though.
Yes, I would imagine that separate inputs would be necessary if there were to be two separate RIAA stages. But judging from your message, you clearly know more about these issues than I do :).

board

@board I measured my Studiophono a few years back and got the same result as Amir. I have a link to my measurements on page 2 of this thread.

Not sure about your question, but to start, you can rule out the ADC by recording a tone sweep and verifying flat response.
In case you're able to help, I posted a new topic about this issue, since I found out that the issue is neither the ADC nor the phono preamp:

Top Bottom