• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Music is dead.

Andysu

Major Contributor
Vivaldi classical recomposed by Max Richter, the opening is like, wow. Against the cloud nebular in space for all time. Classical music is the mathematical universal language for all intelligent species. Wow, I kinder sounded like, Carl Sagan.

Andysu

Major Contributor

Robin L

Master Contributor
^ I can't understand a clear single lyrical word they are saying and I have fading it down while I type my Rant. Yes music is dead on that one above, maybe if it played instrumental only without the acid head lyrics.
This man clearly needs more acid.

Robin L

Master Contributor
Again. I can't understand a lyrical word. Sounds like his testicles are being squeezed by a pack allay cats.
"I hate music
I can't stand chords in G
I'd rather hear coyotes howl
Along the lone prarieeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Ohhhhh
I hate music
Especially when it's
Played
Now listen closely and you shall hear
Why musicians should never get paid."

Last edited:

Andysu

Major Contributor
This man clearly needs more acid.

Jerry Goldsmith "acid" for blood. That crap is gonna eat though all that bad dead music today.

Robin L

Master Contributor
Again. I can't understand a lyrical word. Sounds like his testicles are being squeezed by a pack allay cats.

This is a test:

Robin L

Master Contributor
This is also a test:

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
^ I can't understand a clear single lyrical word they are saying and I have fading it down while I type my Rant. Yes music is dead on that one above, maybe if it played instrumental only without the acid head lyrics.

Well then you have a good sense of how those of us trying to make sense of your comments feel.

Andysu

Major Contributor
Okay I hate music. lol

Robin L

Master Contributor
They are wonderful, similar approach to CT, but based on Icelandic not English, not that it matters, I cannot understand a word of their Icelandic output.
I've been a recording engineer for this group, some 30 years ago or so. They sing in Eastern European languages, usually Bulgarian. Sometimes it's good to just hear the music and the sounds of the language without processing the lyrics, just focusing on the music:

Semla

The Icelandic music scene is incredible. The more you dig into it, the more gems you find. Good start is the 12 Tónar label (and record store - I could spend weeks browsing and listening there)

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Spotify data shows that musical taste is formed in our early teens

In my early teens (mid/late 80s) I was listening to Iron Maiden, Metallica, Guns n’ Roses, Skid Row, Megadeth, The Scorpions, Tesla etc, all big hair heavy metal/rock, thank f**k my tastes changed when I was dragged kicking and screaming to a rave in a warehouse in Camden 1990 whilst visiting a cousin in London, Coming from a sleepy, isolated Galloway village in SW Scotland it was quite an eye and ear opener not to mention a surreal psychedelic first experience o_O.

Last edited:
Top Bottom