• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Need speaker suggestions for outdoor room.

LBj3

I have a covered porch which is 15'x50' with 14' ceilings. I have a ceiling cavity in which i can mount speakers. What speakers are recommended that will create high quality sound and fill the space? Thank you for your suggestions.

DMill

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I have a covered porch which is 15'x50' with 14' ceilings. I have a ceiling cavity in which i can mount speakers. What speakers are recommended that will create high quality sound and fill the space? Thank you for your suggestions.
Welcome. Do you have a budget? Also what are extreme outdoor conditions where you live?

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Depends on your budget, but I am using the JBL Control X outdoors for a few months no and no issues. I think they might be discontinued but you can find them on eBay occasionally for around $100-150 / pair.

OP
L

LBj3

I live in the south. The space is covered but it is humid in the summer. I am more focused on quality sound but probably like to spend less than $1500 for a pair.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Why put them in the ceiling particularly?

OP
L

LBj3

Esthetically its the only place that works. I know its not the best for sound quality.

staticV3

Master Contributor
KEF and Revel both offer outdoor-rated in-ceiling speakers:

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Will it be a box speaker mounted on the ceiling or some in-ceiling type?

Top Bottom