• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New EX MACHINA ARCTURUS 3-WAY ACTIVE STUDIO MONITORS

terryforsythe

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
So 64K samples means 64K taps? That's a lot more than I usually see specified. I've been leaving that box checked. Latency doesn't seem too bad. I'm going to have to watch OCA's video again. That video is what started me down this whole FIR filter path.
I am using the .wav files in CamillaDSP running on a Raspberry Pi 5. Running 64k taps did not present any problems whatsoever. My DSP load never exceeds 5% when playing music (2 channels), and my total RAM usage is <300 MB. (Needless to say, getting an 8GB version of the PI was way, way overkill.)

Regarding latency, I don't notice it. But, I am using my system for audio only, so latency does not matter in my setup. (If you are using the speakers in an A/V system, latency is a greater issue since you want to keep the audio and video in sync).

Last edited:

Tim Link

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I am using the .wav files in CamillaDSP running on a Raspberry Pi 5. Running 64k taps did not present any problems whatsoever. My DSP load never exceeds 5% when playing music (2 channels), and my total RAM usage is <300 MB. (Needless to say, getting an 8GB version of the PI was way, way overkill.)

Regarding latency, I don't notice it. But, I am using my system for audio only, so latency does not matter in my setup. (If you are using the speakers in an A/V system, latency is a greater issue since you want to keep the audio and video in sync).
I'm not having any problems with the REW generated impulses either in terms of excess load or latency.

Top Bottom