• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New version of Sennheiser HD 560S (!)

pandoraking

I did use it. Another user in this thread posted the configuration as a photo and i just copied (see below)

But the overall sound volume is so low, i can barely tell if i like it :( was hoping someone could help me around the EQ to find something for my not so audiophile taste but i figure that would be hard to.

Attachments

• hd4560ss.jpg
    hd4560ss.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 29

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I did use it. Another user in this thread posted the configuration as a photo and i just copied (see below)

But the overall sound volume is so low, i can barely tell if i like it :( was hoping someone could help me around the EQ to find something for my not so audiophile taste but i figure that would be hard to.
Nope, that's not the same EQ. Take a closer look, I'll post it again for you, try the following:
PK stands for Peak Filter.
You'll need a -5dB Negative Preamp.
Once you've inputted the correct EQ, then do a screenshot & post it up here, then I'll check you've inputted it all correctly.

What do you mean overall sound volume is so low? You just turn up the volume until it's the right level (loud enough) assuming your amp has enough power. But either way you weren't using the EQ that I was talking about.

Last edited:

pandoraking

Oh i don't have any amp. I thought that just meant the "Pre amplifying " option up there in PEACE.

So the problem is I'm not using the filters as PK. We are using different programs, but I'll figure it out when i get home and report back after. Thanks for your help.

The volumn was 100% and i could barely listen the song before, no wonder i was doing something wrong

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh i don't have any amp. I thought that just meant the "Pre amplifying " option up there in PEACE.

So the problem is I'm not using the filters as PK. We are using different programs, but I'll figure it out when i get home and report back after. Thanks for your help.

The volumn was 100% and i could barely listen the song before, no wonder i was doing something wrong
Yes, the "Pre Amplifying" option in PEACE is indeed the same thing as "Negative Preamp". You'll be wanting to use -5dB (minus) in that "Pre-Amplifying" box when you use my EQ. All the filters in my EQ I linked you are Peak Filters (PK as they appear in my screenshot). In PEACE the icon for Peak Filter is that upside down v or another way of describing it is the icon that looks like a bump in the road, lol. Most of the filters in PEACE will probably default to Peak Filters when you first use it.

pandoraking

Ok it's much better now! Not so muddy, not sure how i got the filters all wrong lol.

Im trying to work around the preamp tho to suit my taste, i need more volume on the songs. if i would to play around the base too, what filter should i tweak?

Attachments

• hsd560sssss.jpg
    hsd560sssss.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 27

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Ok it's much better now! Not so muddy, not sure how i got the filters all wrong lol.

Im trying to work around the preamp tho to suit my taste, i need more volume on the songs. if i would to play around the base too, what filter should i tweak?
Oh, ok, that's good! (I've checked and you've entered the filters correctly.) What device are you listening on? You just got the headphones plugged directly into a laptop/notebook or something? You'd want to make sure you Windows volume is at 100% if it's not loud enough. Negative Preamp you should probably leave on -5dB, but if you still don't have enough volume you could just rely on the clipping detection meter in PEACE - so you'd click the "prevent clipping" box that you can see in the bottom of your screenshot and just leave have the Negative Preamp at 0dB - but there will be definitely times that it will clip at which point it will decide on it's own Negative Preamp to use automatically, but that's a way of maintaining maximum volume whilst protecting yourself from clipping.

Re bass for your own taste, just change the dB Gain of Filter #1, so the 20Hz filter. Instead though you could add another filter, Low Shelf at 105Hz, Q0.71, then have your dB plus for increasing bass or negative for decreasing bass. The Low Shelf Filter at 105Hz will make greater changes to the bass level, so if you want to do that you'd add one more filter to what you currently have, and you'd leave Filter #1 (20Hz) as it is currently without changing it. But you could try either approach, first it's easier to try changing filter #1 (20Hz), but if you find it's not having enough effect, then return 20Hz filter to what you have right now, and then try the Low Shelf 105Hz filter I mentioned.

Last edited:

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Adding the new filtewr worked for me, now its perfect :)
Nice, so you used my EQ and then added that 105Hz Low Shelf Filter to tweak the bass level. What did you set the Gain (dB) at for the 105Hz Low Shelf Filter?

Top Bottom