• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Old vinyl lover looking to get into the digital age

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks Angsty. I didn't know that Luckily, Amazon has free returns.

It won't let me click on anything.

Where won't it let you click?

Screenshot 2023-04-08 at 17.38.51.png
Screenshot 2023-04-08 at 17.39.32.png
Screenshot 2023-04-08 at 17.40.01.png

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

OP
B

bassboy

Before I buy a THIRD unit, I have one final question, I think. i have found a topping DX3 Pro+ open box, unused, for 135.00 including shipping. Does it automatically connect with my whole house bluetooth system, or must there be a physical connection of some sort?

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Before I buy a THIRD unit, I have one final question, I think. i have found a topping DX3 Pro+ open box, unused, for 135.00 including shipping. Does it automatically connect with my whole house bluetooth system, or must there be a physical connection of some sort?
A Bluetooth device typically has to be selected by the source to use it. Were you thinking of WiFi versus Bluetooth? The DX3 does not support WiFi.

OP
B

bassboy

No. I would be using it with an iPad Air2 with version 4.1 Bluetooth if they are compatible. If not, I'm done for.

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
IPads support Bluetooth versions used on the DX3 Pro+. You will typically get up to 30 ft of range, perhaps a bit more with clear line of sight.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
No. I would be using it with an iPad Air2 with version 4.1 Bluetooth if they are compatible. If not, I'm done for.
You fooled us with the phrase "whole house bluetooth" There is no such thing. There is whole house wifi. But that has nothing to do with bluetooth.

OP
B

bassboy

You fooled us with the phrase "whole house bluetooth" There is no such thing. There is whole house wifi. But that has nothing to do with bluetooth.
Your patience level is much more than mine Tony. For the sake of sounding even more stupid than I already have, with a Bluetooth DAC such as the DX3 Pro+, what source must the input come from? My 2012 TV has HDMI's, one of which I use for my DirecTV, but how would that help me get Spotify to my tube integrated?

OP
B

bassboy

A Bluetooth device typically has to be selected by the source to use it. Were you thinking of WiFi versus Bluetooth? The DX3 does not support WiFi.
By my mistake i was. I need to know if I can use an HDMI in my 2012 TV to the DX3 Pro+ and then use the RCA outs to my tube integrated.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Your patience level is much more than mine Tony. For the sake of sounding even more stupid than I already have, with a Bluetooth DAC such as the DX3 Pro+, what source must the input come from? My 2012 TV has HDMI's, one of which I use for my DirecTV, but how would that help me get Spotify to my tube integrated?
The DAC will receive bluetooth from any device that can transmit bluetooth.

This will include most (all?) phones and tablets. Most PC's with wireless functionality (probably all modern laptops). Interestingly some smart speakers (such as Amazon Alexa devices) can transmit bluetooth.

HDMI has nothing to do with bluetooth. HDMI is a wired connection where bluetooth is wireless. Further your HDMI connections on your TV are inputs, not outputs, and are intended for combined video and sound.

Are you saying you have a spotify app on your tv that you want to send to your tube app? If so the only likely method to get sound out of your tv would be a headphone socket with analogue signals on it (I don't think your TV has this from earlier discussions) or the TOSLINK output - which you can connect to the DX3 Pro +

Alternatively use the bluetooth connection from any phone or tablet with a spotify app on. Or a bluetooth or usb connection from a laptop.

You can also use spotify on alexa or google smart speakers and connect those to your dac or amp.

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
By my mistake i was. I need to know if I can use an HDMI in my 2012 TV to the DX3 Pro+ and then use the RCA outs to my tube integrated.
In earlier discussions, it appeared that your TV has a Toslink (optical) output. The DX3 Pro + will accept this as an input and will connect to your tube amp inputs with RCA cables.

The DX3 Pro + is a less expensive, more current alternative to the DS50s I mentioned previously.

Last edited:
OP
B

bassboy

I struck digital gold! I finally found the model number (TC-L55E50-1) on my antique TV and it has an optical out, which I located. It looks like my quest has been realized. My deepest thanks and appreciation to one and all.

OldenEars

Well, I bit the bullet and upgraded to a BluDento B2. Can't wait. Thank you for the help.
not got to end of thread yet, but how are you finding this if you have it yet?

OP
B

bassboy

not got to end of thread yet, but how are you finding this if you have it yet?
It took a while, and the help of a member, but it's up and running. The DX3-Pro+ is amazing. Maybe a bit bright, but for these old ears that can't hear much above 8Khz, it's a benefit. Bass is big and tight, the midrange is outstanding. And zero noise floor to boot. I found the DAC on ebay (open box) for 150.00. I consider that a bargain. Best cost to value purchase I've made it quite some time. I highly recommend it. I trust Amir and his candor and testing methods highly as well.

OldenEars

thanks for all that ill have a look around for one :)

Top Bottom