• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Policy Change for "Desperate Dealer Forum"

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hello industry members who are posting in the Desperate Dealers Forum.

It was brought to my attention that we require members to be donors to post anything for sale while allowing companies/dealers to try to do the same in Desperate Dealers Forum without such a requirement. It seemed only fair that we apply the same rule to dealers/companies. You can contribute to existing threads but creating a new thread requires being a donor at any level. See: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-support-audio-science-review.8150/

Please use the Forum Promotion option #2 as otherwise your account will not automatically be tagged as a Donor.

Please note that this not an invitation for overt advertising to membership. Your postings should have technical value that members appreciate.

Thank you for understanding.

Last edited:

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Any concerns about dealers donating leading to accusations of favoritism in reviews of the brands they carry? Not on my part, but I suspect the question will come up. Probably on some other site attacking us for saying component XYZ tested great when dealer ABC carries it. Again, not a concern for me, as test results are objective enough, and I don't have any sort of solution in mind.

OctoEmu

Any concerns about dealers donating leading to accusations of favoritism in reviews of the brands they carry? Not on my part, but I suspect the question will come up. Probably on some other site attacking us for saying component XYZ tested great when dealer ABC carries it. Again, not a concern for me, as test results are objective enough, and I don't have any sort of solution in mind.
It's an important question and transparency is the solution. It would be good if the dealers that do donate are listed on some page.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
It's an important question and transparency is the solution. It would be good if the dealers that do donate are listed on some page.
You will see the donation tag under their name (just like members). Some have already donated and have this.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Any concerns about dealers donating leading to accusations of favoritism in reviews of the brands they carry?
This was my concern when I was first approached with this issue. Given how minimal the donation can be, and the fact that they don't have to do this unless they want to post in this subforum, I think it is a better solution than the current situation. Also, some have been donating anyway since we had no admonishment against them doing so.

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not a dealer but thanks for reminding me to donate this year. Thanks for all the entertainment and education!

Multicore

Major Contributor
Any concerns about dealers donating leading to accusations of favoritism in reviews of the brands they carry? Not on my part, but I suspect the question will come up. Probably on some other site attacking us for saying component XYZ tested great when dealer ABC carries it.
Let them.

I imagine anyone open to such an argument is already disposed negatively to ASR. And if not then they can come take a look around for evidence of favoritism. I think it will be hard to find in the reviews.

Koeitje

Major Contributor
How could there be shilling for certain manufacturers if all data is reproduceable by others? We already know that some reviews aren't being published if the product performs badly and the manufacturer was the one that send it for review (which is fine imo). This isn't going to change the situation.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Probably on some other site attacking us for saying component XYZ tested great when dealer ABC carries it
That's OK... Then, they can buy random units on the market and measure themselves seeking for repeatably, if they have some doubt...:rolleyes:

Always blame the idiotic AI automatic correction. Always.
Sometimes, the subconscious tells much more than autocorrect... :p

Last edited:

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
I prefer the term "autoincorrect". Coming soon to a dictionary near you.

Last edited:

Urib

Hello industry members who are posting in the Desperate Dealers Forum.

It was brought to my attention that we require members to be donors to post anything for sale while allowing companies/dealers to try to do the same in Desperate Dealers Forum without such a requirement. It seemed only fair that we apply the same rule to dealers/companies. You can contribute to existing threads but creating a new thread requires being a donor at any level. See: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-support-audio-science-review.8150/

Please use the Forum Promotion option #2 as otherwise your account will not automatically be tagged as a Donor.

Please note that this not an invitation for overt advertising to membership. Your postings should have technical value that members appreciate.

Thank you for understanding.
Waiting for Wiim amp measurements. Any day that passes, makes me think that it was measured poorly and that the company asked it not to be published. We will see...

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Waiting for Wiim amp measurements. Any day that passes, makes me think that it was measured poorly and that the company asked it not to be published. We will see...
This is inappropriate for this thread and an inappropriate attack on (insult to) @amirm implying he lets manufacturers influence test results. Either he does not have one to measure (send one in) or he simply has not gotten to it yet. A review of previous test results here will quickly show you that he has no problems publishing poor results. If a device is absolutely broken that might hold up a review, but bad performance will not. At worst it will result in a fix and updated review later as has happened with several components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom