• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Power supply for AIYIMA A07

Hi all, I have ready virtually everything I could find on ASR on the Aiyima A07.

I ordered an A07 with the 4562 op amps from Aliexpress. However I ordered it without the powersupply, because I want to use a higher quality power supply than the bundled unit.

I am hesitant to use a Mean Well, because I am not sure which wiring I will need too make it work. I also don't know which case I should use. So I would prefer a plug-and-play option.

I know that Aiyima makes such a power supply, but they want $32 to ship it!

Does anybody know where to get cheaper shipping for the Aiyima power supply, or is there another plug and play alternative that is good?

Thanks all!

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I use this:

https://www.mouser.be/ProductDetail/MEAN-WELL/GSM220B48-R7B?qs=vDxCgdWo2h/8Ht8o5x6PDA==

0.15W consumption on standby and plenty of power while maintaining safety. noise, ripple .etc is also low as this is typically used for medical equipment.

This is the best you can buy in a 'brick' power supply.

you need one of those two connectors, i don't remember which one worked but they're dirt cheap.

https://www.meanwell-web.com/en-gb/changeable-dc-plug-2-5x-5-5x11mm-converter-for-dc plug--r7bf--p1m

https://www.meanwell-web.com/en-gb/changeable-dc-plug-2-1x-5-5x11mm-converter-for-dc plug--r7bf--p1j

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks @abdo123 !

Do you think something like this would work:

https://www.parts-express.com/Mean-...pter-with-2.5-x-5.5mm-Center-Positive-129-225

Seems like it already has the 5.5 x 2.5 plug on it. Only puts out 160 watts, compared to the 220 watts of the one that you linked.

I use my Aiyima for my subwoofers so I wanted the maximum amount of power. Yeah it should work, it doesn't tell though whether this is from the GST or the GSM series. it shouldn't matter that much but the GSM has more strict tolerances.

OP
S
I use my Aiyima for my subwoofers so I wanted the maximum amount of power. Yeah it should work, it doesn't tell though whether this is from the GST or the GSM series. it shouldn't matter that much but the GSM has more strict tolerances.

I believe this unit is the GST160A36-P1M -- I am inferring that 'P1M' means it has the 5.5mm plug. And to answer your question, I believe it is a GST series. I will look to see if any of the GSM models have the 5.5mm plug.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge @abdo123 !

OP
S
I ordered on Sept 8, and 5 days later it shows that my parcel has made it through US customs. So hoping to get it soon!

friarminor

This is the one that's available from Aiyima delivered to PHL (via Shopee). DC48V Power Adapter AC110V 220V To DC48V 7.5A Switching Power Supply Light Transformer For TPA3255 Sound Amplifier. Didn't know before so I just ordered multimeter and Googling to put them all together.
Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 12.43.17 PM.png

trl

Major Contributor
King of Mods

Kaval

So far enjoying mine. I also changed op amp to LM4562 and testing pairing between Fx Audio tube preamp and ifi Itube1.
I also have FX Audio tube preamp 01 and today I would be getting Aiyima 07.

May I know at what volume settings you use them both?

Today I would try some op-amps rolling including LM4562.

friarminor

If using the smaller brick 32v brick, I'd go as high as near 12 on the volume but with the 48v SMPS, I can only go highest at 10 and normally at below 9. All this with having the FX tube pre at full volume.

politbureau

I have the exact same setup, except a Tube-03. The LM4562 had slightly better bass than the stock OAs in the A07 - I didn't notice any other differences. I did roll NOS LME47920HAs into the Preamp and the difference was huge - much more open and the bass punches as well. I actually disabled some EQ in APO as a result.

For volume I am using a 32V/5A linear supply, Windows at 100%, Deezer at 95% in the Windows mixer, then set to a reasonable level in app to match system sounds. I have the Amp at 12 o'clock and then control with my pre - usually around 9 o'clock.

Generally I turn the amp up until I hear background noise, then back it off until it is silent and control with upstream devices.

acetogen

Does anybody care to comment on the PCM5102 DAC Chip here? It seems to me they should have used a better one for the DAC since the BT chip is quite up-to-date. It almost means that only the amplifier with the RCA inputs should be seriously considered.

Scrufboy

Top Bottom