• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Okto DAC8 8Ch DAC & Amp

pos

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

pos

Forum Donor
Certainly not at that price.
What is missing is the enclosure, the controller (including the two screens, the rotary encoder and the trigger), the USB soundcard (Amir's prototype unit uses a $99 USBstreamer), and the 4 AES3 inputs.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for the review, Amir.

On your SINAD chart, starting with which cheaper DAC do you consider that there'll be an audible difference with this one?

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Correct, although I have just confirmed the preorder purchasing for the PRO version, I need to get them on the phone on tomorrow to clarify these points.
Can you please update this thread with the answers?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
What is SINAD what the headphone out? 108 dB?
I briefly ran it but since the output did not go to 2 volt, I chose not to publish it. From member it was as good as the DAC SINAD as the load for headphone amp dashboard is pretty high (600 ohm) so doesn't stress it much.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

pos

Forum Donor
Amir, can you please confirm the unit is pop-free when turning on/off, including pluging/unpluging the power cord?

Top Bottom