• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RMAF 2016: VTL and Wilson Audio

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I will buy 5 sets if they arrive by noon today, installed, & set-up properly.
Be careful what you offer bro. For a $2,045,000k Nordost just might fly a tech down to do just that. Plenty of profit left over. :D
$409,000 x 5 LOL

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Personally I never have identified myself as a 'audiophile' but I get your point..

It brings the hobby into disrepute, that's what your saying sal? I would have to agree! But I was more thinking about the harm of being ripped off and being pulled into spending on the wrong things. It's a problem that lay at the very hart of popular audiophile culture.

Your told right from the off to buy expensive cables and invest in things like entreq..

These harmful aspects of the trade ( imo it hurts advarage guys ) won't get the affirmation at ASR that they do else where...

I am afraid to say that's all we can do.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
It brings the hobby into disrepute, that's what your saying sal? I would have to agree!
Yes sir, exactly. ;)

These harmful aspects of the trade ( imo it hurts advarage guys ) won't get the affirmation at ASR that they do else where...
Things like this have always been my greatest hope for ASR since it's inception.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Things like this have always been my greatest hope for ASR since it's inception.

Well, AVSForum is the place for bashing in the name of "science". It becomes tedious.

I foolishly let this one catch my eye, since it seems so blatantly absurd and prominently and unflinchingly documented. It's not one of those "Well, if you have to ask..." displays.

The Wilsons look very nice to me. They'll probably sell a boatload of them. How was the sound, Mr Amir? Up to Harman standards?

http://www.wilsonaudio.com/products/yvette

It looks small in photos... maybe it is in relation to the big rooms the target customers have...

Height—41 inches (104.14 cm) w/o spikes
Width—13 1/4 inches (33.66 cm)
Depth—20 1/16 inches (50.92 cm)
175 lbs (79.38 kg)
Pair shipping - 515 lbs (233.60 kg)

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Well, AVSForum is the place for bashing in the name of "science".
Only in cases where the bashing has been so deservedly earned. Can't think of a better example. ;)
I looked up my "local" Revel/JBL Synthesis dealers.
It felt disappointing so far.
I looked a while back too. I'd love to hear the bigger JBL's .Only thing I've found of mild interest might be Stereotypes in Daytona Beach. Ever been up there?
http://stereotypes.us/

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Only in cases where the bashing has been so deservedly earned.

They bashed Amir out of their scientific clique.

Ever been up there?

No, I haven't been anywhere in years.

---

Oh, by using a Miami Zip Code I see "Sound Advice" is a Revel/JBL dealer. I bought my speakers from them here in Tampa before they went bankrupt and shut down for a while.

I got them on a New Years Day "Buy any speaker, get the second one for half price" sale back in 1998. Since I happened to be in town, I ran right down and ordered a pair.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/biz-monday/article57459303.html

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Oh, by using a Miami Zip Code I see "Sound Advice" is a Revel/JBL dealer.
They are still there? That was the first high-end store I went to in early 1980s and met Bob Stuart there.

Top Bottom