• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Roon cannot fully load any Foobar2000 saved playlist

PHD

Hi

I’ve created an “All_in” playlist using Foobar2000 that includes all of my music collection - a total of 103051 tracks and saved the playlist as m3u8.

I use this list to keep track of my library while I’m cleaning it (deleting rogue duplicate tracks and re-saving the remaining tracks into this playlist).

I can load this playlist fine using Foobar2000 and many other players including Kodi, Squeezebox player on my phone, and even Windows media player classic (HT MPC) was able to load the entire playlist and play all tracks in random order, but Roon has loaded only a random subset of 17710 tracks from this playlist (see attached screenshots).

I have other large playlists that Roon only loads partially as if it is selecting a subset of tracks in arbitrary order (1442 tracks out of 6320 loaded from a Folk playlist).

Is this a Roon bug or another "feature"? I've just noticed that non of my created playlists fully loaded into Roon. Roon just picks about 20 to 50% of random tracks. Everyday I discover another Roon annoyance and further regret spending $700 on it...

plst2.png

Joachim Herbert

Forum Donor
I'd call it a (minor) limitation.

I created custom tags for quality and workflow status for the purpose you described. Works like a charm and stores the information inside the music file, so it does not get lost when a database goes down or a playlist is not loaded.

In roon you would be able to filter/focus by these tags. Much more flexible than playlists.

Top Bottom