• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sabaj A5 and A8 announced

mario_rouge

@peterwen here in France there are a lot of people waiting for Amrir's review to buy it ... but apparently Sabaj didn't ship the amplifiers for review.

peterwen

Audio Company
This is a limited product. There are only one hundred units left, using ICEpower modules, and it is too expensive to buy it from Denmark now, so it can no longer continue production. This batch is considered a brand benefit to consumers.
Thanks

Talisman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I just bought two sabaj A8s with the idea of using them as monoblocks to power two magnat 1002 towers, it seems to me that they have a very high ratio between cost and quantity of watts of good quality. The problem is that the input accepted for use in mono is xlr only, but I don't have dacs with balanced outputs. I read some pages behind that the cheap adapters found on amazon should not be used because they could create problems, is this really the case? Is there any product that converts single ended to TRUE balanced xlr and costs less than 200 euros? I wish I could use the dacs I already own instead of buying a new one

mario_rouge

with just over 200 euros you could buy a good balanced dac. Topping E50 costs 260 euros for example.

OP
antcollinet

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I just bought two sabaj A8s with the idea of using them as monoblocks to power two magnat 1002 towers, it seems to me that they have a very high ratio between cost and quantity of watts of good quality. The problem is that the input accepted for use in mono is xlr only, but I don't have dacs with balanced outputs. I read some pages behind that the cheap adapters found on amazon should not be used because they could create problems, is this really the case? Is there any product that converts single ended to TRUE balanced xlr and costs less than 200 euros? I wish I could use the dacs I already own instead of buying a new one
Something like this:

(Though I've no idea how well it would measure)

AnAudiophile

I don't know why Sabaj chooses XLR to get into mono mode. But I think that it is better to use the gear as it is designed for. I too have two A8's in mono mode. It is connected to Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus which has digital and USB connections. It can also be used as a preamp with a volume knob. I have very good results with this combination. Cambridge Audio has since upgraded this to DacMagic 200M (US$540) which adds built-in bluetooth and streaming capabilities. This is probably double your budget. But it is worth a try.

Talisman

Forum Donor
with just over 200 euros you could buy a good balanced dac. Topping E50 costs 260 euros for example.
Yes, I had also considered taking a balanced dac directly, it would certainly be the most logical solution, but with two E30 toppings not used, I would have preferred a solution to avoid mirrors. But if I had to opt for a balanced dac at that point I would prefer to take one with a volume knob (I would use it as a preamp and I don't want to be able to control the volume only with the remote control) so I had thought of an EX5 for 349 euros, a smsl su9n a 359 or with a little more economic sacrifice, to the loxjie d40 which I find aesthetically beautiful.

Something like this:

(Though I've no idea how well it would measure)
Thanks, this may be what I need, but I don't know the site, is it reliable?

Cambridge Audio has since upgraded this to DacMagic 200M (US$540) which adds built-in bluetooth and streaming capabilities. This is probably double your budget. But it is worth a try.
Yes, as I wrote above I would have liked to avoid buying a dac again since I already have two excellent ones that I don't use, but the balanced dac is certainly the most sensible solution, but as I said above, in that case I would have other suitors in mind (I already have the Cambridge audio cxa61 which hasn't made a good impression in the measurements recently, so I have lost faith in the brand a little)

OP
antcollinet

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, I had also considered taking a balanced dac directly, it would certainly be the most logical solution, but with two E30 toppings not used, I would have preferred a solution to avoid mirrors. But if I had to opt for a balanced dac at that point I would prefer to take one with a volume knob (I would use it as a preamp and I don't want to be able to control the volume only with the remote control) so I had thought of an EX5 for 349 euros, a smsl su9n a 359 or with a little more economic sacrifice, to the loxjie d40 which I find aesthetically beautiful.

Thanks, this may be what I need, but I don't know the site, is it reliable?

Yes, as I wrote above I would have liked to avoid buying a dac again since I already have two excellent ones that I don't use, but the balanced dac is certainly the most sensible solution, but as I said above, in that case I would have other suitors in mind (I already have the Cambridge audio cxa61 which hasn't made a good impression in the measurements recently, so I have lost faith in the brand a little)
No idea - I just searched for "active RCA to XLR converter" and that came up. You might be better off searching locally. It is also available on Amazon UK at a higher price.

Last edited:

peterwen

Audio Company
I recommend this new item to you.
Thanks

Talisman

Forum Donor
I recommend this new item to you.
Thanks
Hi Peter, thanks for the suggestion, your presence on the site is greatly appreciated. The Dac is very nice and appears to be very competitively priced, you should send one to Amirm for review.

peterwen

Audio Company
Hi Peter, thanks for the suggestion, your presence on the site is greatly appreciated. The Dac is very nice and appears to be very competitively priced, you should send one to Amirm for review.
I sent one and amir just got it from the DHL express.
Thanks

Talisman

Forum Donor
I sent one and amir just got it from the DHL express.
Thanks
Fantastic news !! I really like the industrial design of this product line, even if the measurements are good I will definitely buy one (even if I have already bought a loxjie D40)

Talisman

Forum Donor
Finally everything arrived and I connected everything, that is to say, the power expressed by monoblocks is telluric.
The two monoblocks powered two Magnat 1002 towers credited with being able to manage 190watt. I was managing the volume from the loxije d40 and I could not get the volume higher than - 50 (range - 99/0) and the house walls were shaking. I am incredibly satisfied with the purchase, and then I find these A8s very beautiful and with a gritty shape.
The two towers were flown with a steady wrist even at the highest volumes, besides they would not have stood my ears I think.

Attachments

• IMG_20220501_203055.jpg
    IMG_20220501_203055.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_20220501_203037.jpg
    IMG_20220501_203037.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_20220501_203014.jpg
    IMG_20220501_203014.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_20220501_203126.jpg
    IMG_20220501_203126.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_20220501_203058.jpg
    IMG_20220501_203058.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 198

HorizonsEdge

Side note: I find it confounding that Sabaj is re-using existing model numbers and tacking on "2022" as differentiation.

Bleib

Major Contributor
Finally everything arrived and I connected everything, that is to say, the power expressed by monoblocks is telluric.
The two monoblocks powered two Magnat 1002 towers credited with being able to manage 190watt. I was managing the volume from the loxije d40 and I could not get the volume higher than - 50 (range - 99/0) and the house walls were shaking. I am incredibly satisfied with the purchase, and then I find these A8s very beautiful and with a gritty shape.
The two towers were flown with a steady wrist even at the highest volumes, besides they would not have stood my ears I think.
Do you notice any SNR / hissing issues? My impression is that the icepower are not as clean as say purifi

Talisman

Forum Donor
Do you notice any SNR / hissing issues? My impression is that the icepower are not as clean as say purifi
Honestly I'm not the best person to ask, I have a Cxa 61 and had never noticed anything before Amirm's review and listened to sitting 1.5m from the 90db speakers without hearing any hiss or hum.
However, I tried to turn the volume up to the maximum and attach the ear to the tweeter with the magnats powered by the two Sabaj and they seemed silent to me.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The two monoblocks powered two Magnat 1002 towers credited with being able to manage 190watt.
I had these a few years ago, bit boomy with weak amps, but as the amplification gets better, so do they:
IMG_20200426_160824.jpg

IMG_20200426_161135.jpg

They where fun and worth the money, which, as is usual at Magnat, wasn't much.

I find the Sabaj design very cool too, the big power switch is awesome.
Would you mind giving me the measurements of the top plate? Thinking about putting them under my desktop speakers.

Last edited:

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Am i the only one who feels pressured into moving along fast, instead of looking at what is actually available? That simple wiggling must cost them hundreds of people that want to look around.

Top Bottom