• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Search for active speakers

Redwine

Last week, I had the opportunity listening to a set of Dynaudio Core 59 active speakers at my dealers shop.
Untill today I have used Dynaudio passive speakers, but was taken by this very clean and “natural sound, even it’s their pro serie. Earlier listening to Dynaudio Focus active speakers didn’t leave the same impression, for reasons I don’t know.

So the show must go on, I am keen on trying an active set of speakers at my home (approx 60 sqm living room).

What is your suggestion, should I go for pro speakers and in case, what‘s your own experience doing this?
Brands and models to consider? (Seems as ATC is not a favourit here, I understand - or misunderstood maybe!).

rubinken

Not knowing your price point, I suggest that you listen to Dutch & Dutch 8C. They offer an in-home setup & demonstration so you can live with them for a bit to determine if they are right for you.

Jaxjax

Last week, I had the opportunity listening to a set of Dynaudio Core 59 active speakers at my dealers shop.
Untill today I have used Dynaudio passive speakers, but was taken by this very clean and “natural sound, even it’s their pro serie. Earlier listening to Dynaudio Focus active speakers didn’t leave the same impression, for reasons I don’t know.

So the show must go on, I am keen on trying an active set of speakers at my home (approx 60 sqm living room).

What is your suggestion, should I go for pro speakers and in case, what‘s your own experience doing this?
Brands and models to consider? (Seems as ATC is not a favourit here, I understand - or misunderstood maybe!).
Buy the 59's.
I've had them for 4 years w/ no issues & ALOT of hrs on em & there a steal at $6.5k I do mild eq with an elysia xfilter but it's very mild adjustment for my taste. I listen at 9' They stay the same awesomeness ever at high spl.. at 500/500/150 for the Pascal amps. I run xlr inputs but a few on here run them with AES. Detail in every way without fatigue.

Top Bottom