• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sennheiser HD600 Review (Headphone)

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Some receivers and integrated amps have much higher output impedance than the shown 120ohm.
In that case the HD600 will 'warm up' in sound a bit more.
1dB in a wide bandwidth is an audible difference so with certain above mentioned devices one may even get a bit more warmth which some might prefer.
Just don't believe the many reports of 'better bass extension, smoother highs, more analog sound, tube 'warmth' being the reason for the warmth.
A similar effect can be made by simply adding some resistance in series with the headphone cable which is a lot cheaper solution.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
hd600-vs-hd650-new-pads1.png

HD650 vs HD600 (above)

HD600 (120ohm) vs HD600 (0.2ohm) below
hd600-120-ohm.png

To make a HD600 sound like a HD650 you will need an output R of around 300ohm. This also means sensitivity will effectively drop to 98dB/V in such a case.

IXOYE

I have much more expensive headphones in my collection, but the HD600 is still my favorite, not much has happened since they were released for sure, they are still the best overall and which I highly recommend.

Audiodidact

Ditto. Other headphones may have some characteristics that are better (e.g., low-end extension) but at the end of the day the HD600 has this incredible midrange nuance and depth and is the least fatiguing over-ear I’ve tried. In fact I’d say it’s the least fatiguing of any type of headphone I’ve tried.

IXOYE

Ditto. Other headphones may have some characteristics that are better (e.g., low-end extension) but at the end of the day the HD600 has this incredible midrange nuance and depth and is the least fatiguing over-ear I’ve tried. In fact I’d say it’s the least fatiguing of any type of headphone I’ve tried.
AMEN !

Top Bottom