• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Smsl 793ii clicking sound bridged with D10s

MrNice13

Hi folks

Today I've connected my Topping D10s via optical to the Smsl 793ii Dac/Amp to try bridge mode.

It sound fantastic no noise no hum just pure music but when for example I switch from a 44.1 track to a 96 kHz one I hear a clicking sound like a relay or something.. is it normal?
Note that is my Smsl that does the sound and it is plug in a 220/110 voltage converter, but I don't think that's the problem.

Thanks y'all

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi folks

Today I've connected my Topping D10s via optical to the Smsl 793ii Dac/Amp to try bridge mode.

It sound fantastic no noise no hum just pure music but when for example I switch from a 44.1 track to a 96 kHz one I hear a clicking sound like a relay or something.. is it normal?
Note that is my Smsl that does the sound and it is plug in a 220/110 voltage converter, but I don't think that's the problem.

Thanks y'all
Is it an amplified click (through your phones/ speakers) or is it from the box itself ? Quite normal to get relay type clicks from sample rate changes - you wouldnt want them in the audio path though

OP
MrNice13

MrNice13

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
straight from the box not in my headphones.

no way

so its just the DAC that does a clicking sound when changing rates?
Should be- dont ask me why!

Top Bottom