• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Suggestion to a 2.0 or 2.1 system - price range

flaviocc

Hy guys, don't know if the correct area do this thread, feel free to move it if not.

I'm from Brazil (sorry for my poor English) and here we have few options and the price is so different from USA or Europe markets.

I will put my options, my case scenario and the cost in BRL (Brazilian real) and converted to US dollar.

The space: around 20m2 - speakers near the wall on a rack with tv

My equipment : aiyima d03 + wiim mini + amazon fire tablet plugged via USB on aiyima

My budget for speakers: around BRL 2000 (around $394.00)

Music genres I listen: acoustic guitar, classic rock, soft rock, jazz, country, vocal jazz, vocal with acoustic guitar, music from 80's and 90's

The setup will be used to movies too (in the future I will add a subwoofer)

My REAL choices there available here in Brazil:

JBL A130 (wide available): ≈1300BRL / $256

POLK ES-15: ≈2000BRL / $394

Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2: ≈2800BRL / $552 - here is my main doubt !!! Worth the extra $$$$$ ?!

In this price range we have the option to choose Klipsch, I deleted it from the list. I think they don't match my taste (too aggressive).

So guys, that is my reality here and I really don't know what speaker is the best bang to my buck :)

Tks so much if you guys can help me to choose.

p.s. - I read and watched a lot of videos and reviews.....

Last edited:

007Shortz

Perhaps you should also consider the ELAC Debut Reference DBR-62. You might not even need a subwoofer then. I've only heard very good things about this speaker so far.

Further test results from ASR can be found here (select speakers in the menu).

Last edited:

Apesbrain

Addicted to Fun and Learning
This Polk, which received a good review, may be the same speaker:

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
Hy guys, don't know if the correct area do this thread, feel free to move it if not.

I'm from Brazil (sorry for my poor English) and here we have few options and the price is so different from USA or Europe markets.

I will put my options, my case scenario and the cost in BRL (Brazilian real) and converted to US dollar.

The space: around 20m2 - speakers near the wall on a rack with tv

My equipment : aiyima d03 + wiim mini + amazon fire tablet plugged via USB on aiyima

My budget for speakers: around BRL 2000 (around $394.00)

Music genres I listen: acoustic guitar, classic rock, soft rock, jazz, country, vocal jazz, vocal with acoustic guitar, music from 80's and 90's

The setup will be used to movies too (in the future I will add a subwoofer)

My REAL choices there available here in Brazil:

JBL A130 (wide available): ≈1300BRL / $256

POLK ES-15: ≈2000BRL / $394

Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2: ≈2800BRL / $552 - here is my main doubt !!! Worth the extra $$$$$ ?!

In this price range we have the option to choose Klipsch, I deleted it from the list. I think they don't match my taste (too aggressive).

So guys, that is my reality here and I really don't know what speaker is the best bang to my buck :)

Tks so much if you guys can help me to choose.

p.s. - I read and watched a lot of videos and reviews.....

Amir measured the JBL Stage A130 and considered it performant with three suggested bands of Parametric EQ

A WiiM Mini can apply the recommended three bands of Parametric EQ for sources run through the WiiM Mini

The remaining monies in your budget could give you a head start on the subwoofer you want to add later.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I vote for what @Power Pop 23 suggested, sounds very good value.

OP
F

flaviocc

Hi guys. Thank you.

The big elac (62) it’s not available here.

I think the most rational decision is JBL + sub.

I saw subs that didn’t have the crossover knob. Better one with crossover control?

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Depends, if there is DSP inside you probably adjust it using some bluetooth app.

If it's just a "dumb" subwoofer, then yes, also a phase adjustment will help.

Once you have the stuff, you really need a microphone to get it set up properly. Maybe find friends near you that have one and can help you set everything up.

OP
F

flaviocc

UPDATE

Got the Pioneer BS22LR (new - old stock from audio store) for the same price JBL A130.

Now I'm looking for a subwoofer to complete the set.

OP
F

flaviocc

Subwoofer choices:

• JBL Ci8p 100w - this is new here and when you search for it you only find here in BR (don't know why...)
  • crossover: 35 Hz – 200 Hz
  • 100W -8"
  • Price - 1.100BRL / $218

• JBL Stage 10"
  • crossover: 35 Hz a 150 Hz
  • 150W - 10"
  • Price - 1800BRL / $355

• Polk Audio Psw10
  • Lower and Upper -3dB: 40 Hz - 160 Hz
  • 100W - 10"
  • Price - 1900BRL / $375

• Wave Sound (brazilian brand)
  • WSW10 model
  • 35 Hz- 200 Hz
  • 200W - 10"
  • Price: 2300BRL / $454

• Yamaha NS-SW050
  • 28-200 Hz
  • 8"
  • Same price as JBL 8 (1.100BRL / $218)

• Sunfire Sds 8 - SDS-8 200W
  • same price as Wave Sound (2300BRl / $375)
  • 30-150Hz

Top Bottom