• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Testing Something

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor

I can copy and transfer, but I don't know how to get it to show up in a new post as a condensed, one-word link. How do I do that?

Jim
Use the link function. Paste in the url info and type in a short message.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Nothing to see here, move along.

Thats what you want us to think...........I'm not sure what's going on but it feels important so I'm hanging around, I'll be over there ---------------------->

JSmith

Master Contributor
I think you don't understand what I mean. Many links simply show up as a highlighted word (commonly "here" or "this one", and that's all that is visible. Clicking on that one word will take the reader to the link in question.

How do do that?

Jim
Hey Jim,

Just like this, enter the URL and the text you wish to embed the URL in;

1702255529141.png

You can also highlight a word in a draft post and just enter the URL then.

JSmith

AdamG

Forum Donor
I think you don't understand what I mean. Many links simply show up as a highlighted word (commonly "here" or "this one", and that's all that is visible. Clicking on that one word will take the reader to the link in question.

How do do that?

Jim
OK, so you click on the number symbol of the post you want to link. Then hit the copy link function of the browser you are using. It should have just copied the post number you just clicked. Then go to the link function and paste the link you just copied into the top window and type in whatever message you want to appear in your post for the link. See pic below:
IMG_0526.jpeg

AdamG

Forum Donor
Top Bottom