• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Mandalorian - Season 3

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The one thing I really want to see is a rom-com starring Giancarlo Esposito as the romantic lead. Preferably with a scene where he's eating some Signature Curly Fries ...
If you have not seen him in Kaleidoscope on Netflix it is worth the watch. Unusual format. Everyone sees the 8 episodes in a different random order. And it works either way. The final episode is the only one the same for everyone.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Okay, just watched the season finale. Best episode of the series. A few minor quibbles, but a very good episode. Leaves me hopeful for the next season.

Graham849

Forum Donor

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Just caught the season ender tonight, what a awesome episode!
Now I just can't wait for Season 4.
I do have to mention what a great job they did on the Atmos soundtrack
for a TV series. Maybe it was all the action but it specially shown extra good
in this season closer.
I only have one complaint, they kept Katee Sackhoff's terrific body hid under
that damn Mandalorian suit the whole season.
Couldn't she at least put on a bathing suit a time or two?
Maybe at 43 she's starting to chub up a bit now?

Now onto the final episodes of Star Trek Picard
Knowing this will be for sure the last done by Patrick Stewart is a sad
time for me. He and the Next Generation crew were the highlight of the franchise
and for a time back in the 80-90's were like family around my house and my closest
friends. I do hope the hinted at movie does come to being, but even if it doesn't
the Picard series run has put a first class closing on the NG days.
Thanks Patrick and all.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Just caught the season ender tonight, what a awesome episode!
It was an okay ending, better than some other episodes.
I do have to mention what a great job they did on the Atmos soundtrack
for a TV series. Maybe it was all the action but it specially shown extra good
in this season closer.
The soundtrack has always been quite good.
Now onto the final episodes of Star Trek Picard
Knowing this will be for sure the last done by Patrick Stewart is a sad
time for me. He and the Next Generation crew were the highlight of the franchise
and for a time back in the 80-90's were like family around my house and my closest
friends.
This season of Picard was very much more excellent than the other two. Luckily they erased much of what happened back then :cool:. It was quite a nice ending, although it felt a bit rushed and straightforward. It could probably have been done as a classical double-length episode :). It was really great to see the old guard back on the screen with finally a half-decent storyline, though. It just goes to show that it pays off not having Kurtzman involved too much ;)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
This season of Picard was very much more excellent than the other two.
Opinions. LOL
I very much enjoyed the first 2
They left us with a big tease regarding Jack Picard in the future.
And 7 of 9, YUMM Jeri Ryan looks almost as good at 55 as she did in youth.

Number 7 of 9 would be fine.
But just once would make me happy. :p

ab2481c9f93d0ed3033a3281d865ccb2.jpg

krumpol

Now I just can't wait for Season 4.
Last three episodes of The Book of Boba Fett miniseries fit right between Mandalorian season 2 and 3 btw, episode 5 explains where Mando got his new ship from.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
This series gives substance to a universe of great richness that the last trilogy has completely reduced to an empty shell. There, the universe of SW finds its substance, a relative complexity...
I have no idea what your trying to say?
Are you in favor of the various new series of against them?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Oh man, now I'm completely confused.
I really didn't understand the point @samoyong was trying to make???

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
He says the sequel trilogy is shit and Mando is a fairly good attempt to pick up where Lucas left off.

I can agree with the first part, and partially with the second part. Season 3 of Mando was a disappointment overall, and the viewing figures prove it. It certainly isn’t the best season of Disney Star Wars, but also not the worst by a long shot. That one probably goes to Kenobi, but I won’t hold by breath over The Acolyte… as for the rest, time will tell how the internal war between KK and Favreau will turn out. Until this war is resolved it will be in flux.

Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
That one probably goes to Kenobi, but I won’t hold by breath over The Acolyte
Personally I found Andor the worst of the lot. I kept waiting for it to become exciting
and interesting, real SciFi, but it just never did. Hope they can do better with S2 if there is one.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Left the thread for a while since I hadn't had a chance to watch... Just finished the other night.

Flippin' awesome.

I knew when I saw all the Mandalorians in the preview this was gonna be fun. :D I wasn't disappointed.

Yes, certainly there are still shortcoming in the storytelling, but this is true with EVERYTHING: it is not exclusive to Disney and the modern Star Wars franchise.

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, certainly there are still shortcoming in the storytelling, but this is true with EVERYTHING: it is not exclusive to Disney and the modern Star Wars frfranchise.
Great you liked it, i also found it entertaining. But this kind of shortcoming (like: everything only works out because someone acts really, really stupid and/or someone is really, really lucky) is not everywhere. There are productions with writers who actually try finding ways to tell a story where everyone acts rational from their own perspective.

Top Bottom