• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Three Channel Amplifier Recommendations

rolltide

Hello friends - I'm looking for a three channel amplifier to power my LCR speakers. Here's my setup:
  • Denon AVR-X3800H
  • SVS Ultra Bookshelf (front left and right), recommended power: 20-150 watts
  • SVS Ultra Center, recommended power: 20-225 watts
  • SVS Ultra Surrounds
  • SVS Ultra Bookshelf (rear left and right)
The three channel amplifier would power the front Ultra Bookshelf speakers, with a recommended power of 20-150 watts at 8 ohms, and the Ultra Center, with a recommended power of 20-225 watts at 8 ohms. My budget is around $1,500.

I'm planning on installing four outdoor speakers on the ceiling and powering everything except the LCR speakers with the Denon.

What three channel amplifier would you recommend for the LCR speakers?

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Buckeye makes a good one.

Sokel

Master Contributor
What you would or wouldn’t do isn’t part of the equation.
Your equation,but it's not you who seeks for solid solutions.
Maybe someone else's equation avoids the part of being beta tester or regrets.

Last edited:

Yorkshire Mouth

Major Contributor
Your equation,but it's not you who seeks for solid solutions.
Maybe someone else's equation avoids the part of being beta tester or regrets.

No, that’s not the situation at all.

The OP has come here looking for options. I don’t think anyone’s ASR would expect anyone to read a reply to such a post, and just blindly go out and buy an item based on one post post from a complete stranger.

It goes without saying that they’d be expected to ask questions, do some research, etc.

We cannot fill every reply to every question with a long list of caveats.

Sokel

Master Contributor
No, that’s not the situation at all.

The OP has come here looking for options. I don’t think anyone’s ASR would expect anyone to read a reply to such a post, and just blindly go out and buy an item based on one post post from a complete stranger.

It goes without saying that they’d be expected to ask questions, do some research, etc.

We cannot fill every reply to every question with a long list of caveats.
Totally agree about doing some digging to every suggestion.
But your suggestion lacks this option.
There's simply nothing to find apart from a early review here which is not definitive as the company was still fixing things (load dependencies) at the very time the review was out.
No user feedback,no nothing.
Even if it measured like a wire with all the gain one wanted at lab conditions one will never know if it ends up like PA5 for example.
That's what I'm trying to say.

Yorkshire Mouth

Major Contributor
Totally agree about doing some digging to every suggestion.
But your suggestion lacks this option.
There's simply nothing to find apart from a early review here which is not definitive as the company was still fixing things (load dependencies) at the very time the review was out.
No user feedback,no nothing.
Even if it measured like a wire with all the gain one wanted at lab conditions one will never know if it ends up like PA5 for example.
That's what I'm trying to say.

My post lacks the option of the OP researching what I’ve suggested?

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello friends - I'm looking for a three channel amplifier to power my LCR speakers. Here's my setup:
  • Denon AVR-X3800H
  • SVS Ultra Bookshelf (front left and right)
  • SVS Ultra Center
  • SVS Ultra Surrounds
  • SVS Ultra Bookshelf (rear left and right)
I'm planning on installing four outdoor speakers on the ceiling and powering everything except the LCR speakers with the Denon.

What three channel amplifier would you recommend for the LCR speakers?
I think maybe you should state a budget and how much power you need. I'm not familiar with those speakers.

I would say one can't go wrong with amps based an the Hypex NCorce modules. They are available in all kinds of power brackets, stereo, stereo bridgeable or mono, and measure good enough for most. Not that pricey either.
I would order them at Audiophonics in Europe. Even if you are in the US that may be the cheapest way to get those modules.

OP
rolltide

rolltide

I think maybe you should state a budget and how much power you need. I'm not familiar with those speakers.

I would say one can't go wrong with amps based an the Hypex NCorce modules. They are available in all kinds of power brackets, stereo, stereo bridgeable or mono, and measure good enough for most. Not that pricey either.
I would order them at Audiophonics in Europe. Even if you are in the US that may be the cheapest way to get those modules.

Sorry about that, I updated the OP with that info:

The three channel amplifier would power the front Ultra Bookshelf speakers, with a recommended power of 20-150 watts at 8 ohms, and the Ultra Center, with a recommended power of 20-225 watts at 8 ohms. My budget is around $1,500.

Would this work? Comes out to $1,085 shipped to the US.

Last edited:

LSUGopher

Sorry about that, I updated the OP with that info:

I'm sure Audiophonics makes fine amps, but there are other US based Hypex based amp builders that can be more cost effective within the US.

Buckeye - 4 channel NC252MP- $925 Shipped (US)

VTV - 4 channel NC252MP - $979 Shipped (US)

Do your own research and pick which one best fits your needs.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Buckeye 3 x NCx500.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It would, but maybe you would prefer two of these to save a good amount:
Selling them later is easier, they can be bridged to mono blocks (measurements here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-hypex-nc252mp-in-bridge-tied-load-btl.41091/) and as i said, you save a good amount initially as well.

You don't have to pay VAT in the US, so the lower price is yours, 399€ per two channels.

There are options, as the others said, you have to calculate what the best one is for you. To find more NC252MP integrators follow the link in my signature. It's not updated in a long time, but you get a few pointers.

Top Bottom