• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping A30Pro Bug/Defect, Help!

Trell

Major Contributor
I also have the A30 Pro.
Could movies also cause this issue? WIth most music it shouldn't be a problem but many modern movies have infrasonic information which might be cool if you have infrasonic subs but it could possibly cause issues with amps like this one
I’ve had the digital DC protection on my RME ADI-2 DAC FS trip on Netflix series now and then, until RME made the detection a bit less sensitive.

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Could movies also cause this issue? WIth most music it shouldn't be a problem but many modern movies have infrasonic information which might be cool if you have infrasonic subs but it could possibly cause issues with amps like this one
I don't think it will be an issue because :
  • Protection is triggered when DC is present while amp is delivering high current. I tested with high impedance headphones at high gain and low impedance ones in medium gain - protection circuit does not feel the need to intervene. That is why I was not sure if it was DC protection or over-current protection. I guess maybe a combination.
  • Infra sound sure but I doubt any professionally created audio will have content at such high levels at so low frequencies all the way to DC.

peniku8

Forum Donor
Just for those curious, here is a widely used mastering limiter, which has a built-in DC filter in the Dither section, that should be the last plugin the chain before content delivery, to prevent DC from being present in the audio file:

z1nKpIR.jpg

It's a 1Hz HPF.

David_M

I know I'm a bit late to the party but I duplicated the shutoff on my A30 Pro as well....with or without my headphones (Hifiman HE400se, 25 ohms). But my EX5 DAC, which also has a headphone output and feeds my A30 Pro does not shut off. Any solutions to this issue?

Top Bottom