• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Townsend Isolda cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
BTW I went from Hale School to The University of Western Australia where I completed a five-year Communications Engineering degree course, 1961 - 1965.
Were they embarrassed enough to offer you a refund?

Lorenzo74

Sight is easily fooled too...

The squares marked A and B are exactly the same shade of gray.

didn't believe it was true... tested. below the proof.
1606692366659.png
chess verified .png

this is an example we need to consider when subjective is opposed to objective as the final end goal.
best

Max Townshend

Audio Company
Max no one here has any belief in your "knack" given your inability to see through your dogmatic attachment to an obviously wrong hypothesis coupled with a high school level of scientific work on this topic while making cables pretty much the same as Goertz did 30 years ago and for the same reason. You have brought nothing new to the table scientifically or as a product.
The only new thing is that I have measured a difference between cables that can be seen, heard and ties quite closely to our theory and is repeatable.
Were they embarrassed enough to offer you a refund?
It wasn't necessary because I won a scholarship to university and as a result, it was free.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
The only new thing is that I have measured a difference between cables that can be seen, heard and ties quite closely to our theory and is repeatable.

Why don't you show the effect on the signal on the speaker end and show that there is an audible difference between 2 cables of equal DC resistance.
A true comparison In the end that's what matters. The actual voltage across the speaker.
Why isn't this in the paper as well to show real world implications. Using various speakers would be more interesting.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

Except under controlled testing (you know...the valid kind) for the hearing part..

Because...

Alpha Waves...

Max Townshend

Audio Company
The cables sell reasonably well and have done so for about forty years, the supertweeters for 20 years and the preamplifiers for 10 years. I must be doing something right.
It is called a preamplifier, as people would not understand "input switching volume control unit" or the like. Common preamplifiers typically amplify from 12 to 20dB and then attenuate 30dB for normal listening. The amplifier stage adds noise and distortion and is unnecessary.

Max Townshend

Audio Company
To the extent defrauding customers is ever right, sure.
I have been in Hi Fi for fifty years and have been called many things, but never a fraudster. 90% of our sales are to returning customers.

Last edited:

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Appeal to the populous isn't much of an endorsement. I would imagine your cables are as good as most cables. I personally always liked Canare 4s11.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
I have been in Hi Fi for fifty years and have been called many things, but never a fraudster. 90% of our sales are to returning customers. They can't all be totally thick.
I’ve called you that before. And I can’t imagine that I’m the first, given how transparent the frauds are.

StefaanE

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I have been in Hi Fi for fifty years and have been called many things, but never a fraudster. 90% of our sales are to returning customers. They can't all be totally thick.
No, but they all have the unfounded belief (i.e. delusion) that custom cables subjected to esoteric treatments sound better, and are worth 2200 UKP per metre. Your non-amplifying preamp is sold with the exhortation to buy your Fractal cables (BTW, what's fractal about those cables, or do you just use "fractal" because it sounds impressive and sciency?) saddling them with a bill of 15000+UKP for 7 1m RCA cables, a six-way switch and an attenuator, BOM maximum 100 UKP or so. You're totally welcome to extort whatever you like from your marks, but it doesn't give you any bragging rights in polite company. It's the exact kind of behaviour that defines a "snake-oil salesman", but I guess you know that.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Well....
Keith

Max Townshend

Audio Company
No, but they all have the unfounded belief (i.e. delusion) that custom cables subjected to esoteric treatments sound better, and are worth 2200 UKP per metre. Your non-amplifying preamp is sold with the exhortation to buy your Fractal cables (BTW, what's fractal about those cables, or do you just use "fractal" because it sounds impressive and sciency?) saddling them with a bill of 15000+UKP for 7 1m RCA cables, a six-way switch and an attenuator, BOM maximum 100 UKP or so. You're totally welcome to extort whatever you like from your marks, but it doesn't give you any bragging rights in polite company. It's the exact kind of behaviour that defines a "snake-oil salesman", but I guess you know that.
They don't have to buy it. And if they do, there is a money-back guarantee.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
They don't have to buy it.
Yes, that’s the difference between fraud and armed robbery. AFAIK, no one has accused you of the latter, especially because the former is far less hazardous to the perp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom