• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Upgrade pathway (budget)

HomeStereo

Forum Donor
Hi everyone,

Long time lurker and newbie to the forum. Current budget setup is as follows:

Listening: Living room (couch on back wall with thick bas traps in corners, back wall, cieling, and FRPs)
Audio: Digital Input from laptop --> DDRC-24 --> Aiyima A07 Pro --> Q Acoustics 3020i + Dayton 12' subwoofer

My main beef with the 3020is is that the mids sounds muddled and not "clear".

I was considering upgrading to the Revel Concerto2 M16 given the rave reviews across the spectrum. My main questions are:

1. Are there other speakers in a similar price range (<1K) that I should also test/consider
2. I was also going to upgrade my AMP to the Fos Audio V3 (budget $200-300). Are there other amps that can fit into this budget that may be better suited for the Revels?

Long term I plan on swapping to miniDSP Flex or SHD but that's unfortunately not in the cards right now.

Ty for all the help (especially from the mods whose guides on REW, speaker setup etc have saved me an insane amount of headache)

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
H

HomeStereo

Forum Donor
hmm this is giving me a pickle between the ELAC DBR vs Revel. The DBR is 500 bucks cheaper and has similar objective reviews - unfortunately im not in a place where i can listen to both at an audio, shop, any thoughts between the two?

Top Bottom