• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

USB-A to USB-B cable

fflegault

Hi there!

I am using UGREEN Printer Cable USB 2.0 A Male to B Male Cord from Amazon (1.5m) to stream Apple Music. It sells for about 11 $CAN. My head is trying to tell me that this cable is the weakest link in my setup.

Based on your experience and measurements, will I hear a difference if I upgrade to the AudioQuest Forest USB-A to USB-B cable (0.75m)? It sells for about 90 $CAN.

Is it a waste of money? Should I try it ?

Last edited:

staticV3

Master Contributor
My head is trying to tell me that this cable is the weakest link in my setup.
It is not.

Based on your experience and measurements, will I hear a difference if I upgrade to the AudioQuest Forest USB-A to USB-B cable (0.75m)?
You will not.

Such is the nature of digital audio transmission.
You either get the complete audio fidelity in all its glory, or obvious stutter and dropouts. No in-between.

Something like "narrower sound stage", "less micro detail", "poor dynamics" is simply not a thing when you transmit digitally.

If you have some money to spare and want to improve your setup, get a UMIK-1 and learn how to measure and correct your in-room frequency response.

Top Bottom