• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Vinyl ripping + audio interface advice

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi everyone,
this is Frank from Italy, I’m new on this wonderful forum; had a chance to read some interesting and very useful info and various experiences on my topic - digitalize my relatively small vinyl collection - about 150 pcs - , but since I’ve found a lot of devices to focus on, maybe I would need a further advice in order to choose the right device.
Before you start to invest check how many of your 150 records are available for free on youtube. You can play and download them with freetube without klicks and pops which spares you a lot of time for no costs. The remaining records try to buy CDs 2nd hand for low money. This could be much cheaper than getting good gear for digitizing vinyl, and with better sound quality. (Advice from someone who owns a SOTA TT and a SOTA audio interface).

Last edited:

Propeller

I'm late to this thread, but I noticed that the OP is from Italy. So I'll mention another phono preamp with built-in digital outputs, that is actually made in Italy by Unison Research: the uPhono+. It's rare to find that model in the US, but if the OP is still in the market, he might be able to find one to demo at a Unison dealer in Italy.

Top Bottom