• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Watches! What do y'all have on your wrists?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Today's fun "little" watch, an Italian U-Boat. Mechanical movement of course. :)
View attachment 368430
That U-boat watch has character but your carbon fiber watch kills it... :D
Watch carbon fiber.jpg

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, I got an offer I couldn't refuse on the Omega, the day before I fly to Tokyo for a holiday. Have some watches shortlisted already...

Multicore

Major Contributor

Citizen Promaster Absurd Atomic Everything Watch​

I recently got one of these. It has a built in slide-rule for doing multiplications, divisions and square roots. It synchronizes by long-wave radio in the middle of the night to an atomic clock reference in Fort Collins. It can predict the location of dangerous tornados. The thing is just daft. It's also enormous and heavy. Completely wrong for my girlish wrists and hands. In every respect it is completely not my style and that's why I like it so much. Absurd.

JY8075-51E.png

When I look at the thing and consider maybe reading the manual, I feel like Richmond in this scene from The IT Crowd

Last edited:

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Watching 'The Man With The Golden Gun' last night, which I've seen a million times so was paying attention to the background stuff instead and noticed Scaramanga's cool watch.

After a rather a long struggle with the internet I worked out it must be a Rolex 'King Midas'.

Then I found this image:

I quite fancy one but at £30K second hand not realistically going to happen.

Given that Christopher Lee was the inspiration for the character of James Bond, this must mean that Scaramanga is - technically - cooler than Bond, and so the Midas must be a cooler watch than the Submariner.

Top Bottom