• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What do you guys think?

Spoons

Hello I am new here! My question, as is the title of my thread. I have noth a Arcam Alpha 10 and a 10P bi-amped to my B&W DM603 S3 and the sound is great from my Cambridge CXN V2. I have been looking at the 804 of late and I was wondering if the Arcams would have enough ommph to power the 804. JA of stereophile bench tested the Arcams and found they had 115 watts RMS and were good to 4ohm and slightly below damping factor of 70. I am a near filed listener. The 804 apparently play a far part of the midrange band below 4ohm.....am I going to run into trouble?

Cheers from Dwygyfylchi, North Wales!!

Elitzur–Vaidman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
You'll be fine. From a quick Googling, it looks like your DM603 S3s are only 1dB more sensitive than the 804s (90dB/W vs 89dB/W). The 804s might dip a bit below 4ohms, but they're still nominally 4ohm speakers.

Top Bottom