• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Who's Next remixed by Steven Wilson sounds really great!

drewdawg999

Gave it a couple listens in 24-96, compared it to the SHM-SACD, and must say this thoroughly spanks the SACD. So dynamic, more clarity, more impactful bass. Cleaner, blacker background, more involving, a huge upgrade and this recording needed it. Great historic level rock and roll, now sounding as great as the material. Real classic stuff in Baba O'Riley, Behind Blue Eyes, and Won't Get Fooled Again.

Some may feel differently about Steven Wilson remixing classic albums but I love what he's doing. He's a pretty brilliant dude, has the magic touch to make these old ragged recordings sound fresh. Love the Yes and Jethro Tull remixes, definitive upgrades there as well.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know he did that album- his remix/masters of the early Tull albums absolutely transformed them- in a good way.

Staki

Forum Donor
Great tip! I also have the SHM-SACD edition and I completely agree with your opinion.

Top Bottom