• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Why preamps or DACs really should have high pass filters

Willem

Major Contributor
And if you need something special like xlr, any audio engineer can make a cable with the required filters. That is what I had done for my system.

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
now I can! But there must be a lag or something, it wasn't there when I responded
10-4, lags suck! I get them here sometimes. Like when the people across the street get my text message the next day or the other way around.

Ricardojoa

If you are going to mate with a sub then sure is nice to have high pass filters but the proper way is thru dsp. I think an avr with peq is a very good choice for those looking to mate with a sub. Just a dac or preamp with high pass filters dint cut it

Head_Unit

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
10-4, lags suck! I get them here sometimes. Like when the people across the street get my text message the next day or the other way around.
Like when I missed the email yesterday morning about a meeting after work (which I'm supposed to take minutes of, oops).

Or in a different case, when I literally never got an email my boss sent at all. In his sentbox, never arrived to me. Literally just lost.

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Like when I missed the email yesterday morning about a meeting after work (which I'm supposed to take minutes of, oops).

Or in a different case, when I literally never got an email my boss sent at all. In his sentbox, never arrived to me. Literally just lost.
Too many people think technology is perfect.
Yet when the phone is echoing everything I say, I here it but the person I'm talking to doesn't, I tell him that I'll call him back (before I call him back, my mother calls, I am not echoing), I call the guy back, with him I am echoing, I tell him to call me back & I'm still echoing. (echoing is not normal most times I talk to him)
Go figure???

Top Bottom