• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Window's Sample Rate

ShiZo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
What should I set sample rate within windows OS? I always set it to 44100 because that's the most common sample rate. I noticed j test is much different between 44100 and 48000.

Audiofire

Addicted to Fun and Learning
What should I set sample rate within windows OS? I always set it to 44100 because that's the most common sample rate. I noticed j test is much different between 44100 and 48000.
It should be set to 96 kHz/24 bits if such high resolution content is ever played and the loudspeakers can handle the Nyquist frequency.

@amirm would be able to tell some information about it.

Last edited:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I hope for normal music listening, you are using WASAPI Exclusive or ASIO in which case, those settings make no difference.

Otherwise, yes, 44.1 kHz is the right sample rate as that is most of the content you play. I would also select 24 bit/32 bit mode as that doesn't require conversion back to 16 bits.

Top Bottom