• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

xDuoo XA-10 Review (DAC and Headphone Amp)

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
Errors in technical design but also in the user interface. At the moment I understood you have to use the ring around the screen, I thought noooo, you have your hand hiding the screen. It's not an industrial design at all, it's just a fake industrial design.

Veri

Master Contributor
No BT, weird warm up period, headphone impedance too high, a little bit underpowered, and ESS hump. Good value, just not quite perfect.
It's really quite good though, nothing disastrous :D good balanced out too.
This XA-10 OTOH, reminds of the old Modi 2U. :oops::oops: not a compliment!

sarakyel

It's really quite good though, nothing disastrous :D good balanced out too.

Yeah, and the ESS hump was solved through a software update a while ago...

And I would also see the SMSL M500 and Topping DX7 Pro as totally viable options.

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

And I would also see the SMSL M500 and Topping DX7 Pro as totally viable options.
Ah OK, good to hear they fixed via software. Yes all of these are really solid options, just not quite perfect...

jbfilho

The Singxer SDA-2C would be a good pick at this price range as well...

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hopefully this isn't the narrow end of the wedge of form over function sneaking in...

fieldcar

Sure its volume limited
It doesn't appear to be limited on a windows PC. EDIT: Never mind. I thought you were talking about the low volume on most android devices.

I use it at work and I'm completely pleased using it on my IEM's and efficient headphones. I did throw a few heat-shrink pieces over the stupidly weak cable though.

Last edited:

Ismapics

Don't be completely shortsighted (SINAD only), there's no way the $9 dongle can output this much power. Not saying it's worth it, but "performance" isn't a one-spec show.

The Apple Dongle has better SINAD and SNR than this device. It a dongle so its volume limited, but in $/Performance ratio, I still can't find anything better. Again $ to performance received.

Ismapics

Why can't such a device reach the performance of a 9$ dongle?

I totally agree. The Apple dongle has better SINAD and SNR. Sure its power limited but its a dongle that performs better. There is an argument that the most valuable company in the world should have enough brain power to deliver such performance for $10 bucks

Ismapics

It doesn't appear to be limited on a windows PC. EDIT: Never mind. I thought you were talking about the low volume on most android devices.

I use it at work and I'm completely pleased using it on my IEM's and efficient headphones. I did throw a few heat-shrink pieces over the stupidly weak cable though.

I did the same. I keep a spare in my drawer just in case. Apple has as much brain power as NASA. No wonder they deliver like this.

GWolfman

Forum Donor
The Apple Dongle has better SINAD and SNR than this device. It a dongle so its volume limited, but in $/Performance ratio, I still can't find anything better. Again $ to performance received.
I think I see what you're getting at, but depending on the headphones you got and/or the (noise) environment you're in, if you can't drive 'em with a performant $9 dongle then what's the point? (I understand these have different intended uses.)

Ismapics

I think I see what you're getting at, but depending on the headphones you got and/or the (noise) environment you're in, if you can't drive 'em with a performant $9 dongle then what's the point? (I understand these have different intended uses.)

Hello GW: Sure its not made to drive or even substitute a dedicated system. I am saying that they are enjoyable and that this little product has raised the bar. Raises it because of what can do for $9.99. So any other product should in theory be better than a $10 buck product. What we see is (Dragonfly and others) that it's better. Cheers

Top Bottom