• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

your advice for simple dac

naoufel

hi everybody thanks for accept me in your group .
need your advice for buying , simple dac , with mostly common specs , no need bluetooth
just usb b input files form pc hdd
output could be , tolink spidif and rca coax
no hight specs required , just listening hifi music from pc to hifi vintage yamaha
price , max budget ,of dac 100 usd
no need , headphone dac or amplifier dac ,, just true dac , with double shipset if recommanded
from my learning , there is aiyiama , topping, smsl , gustard , fiio , shit modi , nobsound .....
place of buying online ,, b to b , aliexpress, ebay , amazone , and so other with your advice
delivery france paris
thanks

Killingbeans

Major Contributor

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
Have you tried the soundcard output from your computer? If you're not hearing background noise it may be fine.

OP
N

naoufel

Are you looking for a DAC or USB to SPDIF converter?
How are you going to connect the SPDIF output to the vintage Yamaha?
Yes too , I project to test my internal cd Yamaha , USB to spdif todlink could be good option too , not sure that internal cd writer Yamaha have good dac but it is high quality cd

OP
N

naoufel

My CD player yam have toslink input and output then I can use it's internal dac as explained , it has rca coax too ,

OP
N

naoufel

Have you tried the soundcard output from your computer? If you're not hearing background noise it may be fine.
I tested it thought classic headphone it is high quality sound from Jack coax 3.5mm
It is non common laptop , it is Dell one pro model , it has many outputs and HDMI too ,I will test it too

VintageFlanker

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
N

naoufel

hi zek , the both in fact , i'm looking , usb b in toslink out to be connected to internal dac yamaha cd writer
second configuration , looking for usb b input to rca output , direct to input rca vintage yamaha amplifier ,

just to feedback the sound difference
amazing test infact

OP
N

naoufel

i have tested , sound from old acer laptop with jack output headphone form it's sound card, bad result
i have tested , smartphone with jack output and bluetooth ,with thesame headphone middle to bad sound
i have tested , jack output from dell pro version the same headphone, great result
i would like to test , the hdmi output of the dell pro , with the same headphone

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
i have tested , sound from old acer laptop with jack output headphone form it's sound card, bad result
i have tested , smartphone with jack output and bluetooth ,with thesame headphone middle to bad sound
i have tested , jack output from dell pro version the same headphone, great result
i would like to test , the hdmi output of the dell pro , with the same headphone

Depending on the headphone, you'd might actually just have been comparing output impedance and power delivery. Doesn't really have anything to do with DACs.

staticV3

Master Contributor
hi zek , the both in fact , i'm looking , usb b in toslink out to be connected to internal dac yamaha cd writer
second configuration , looking for usb b input to rca output , direct to input rca vintage yamaha amplifier ,
Then definitely the Topping D10s or the SMSL PO100 AK.

The E30 II, JDS Atom DAC+ and most other DACs have only Toslink Inputs, not Outputs. The two above are one of the few with Toslink Out.

OP
N

naoufel

Depending on the headphone, you'd might actually just have been comparing output impedance and power delivery. Doesn't really have anything to do with DACs.
just to say the sound card of , laptop is important some time , and audio signal could be good or bad it depends of models of laptops
the usb , output from laptop , bypassing its sound card is the solution to be tested throught , usb to toslink cable or converter