• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Your Desktop Audio Setup?

vert

Forum Donor
Not a desktop setup per se: Teac 35W amp, Stax energizer, SMSL DAC, Sennheiser 280 PRO, Stax Sigma. Yamaha THR 10C guitar amp, which also sounds pretty good as a playback device via USB.
20201023_125709.jpg

Kegemusha

Addicted to Fun and Learning
My modest setup, Dynavoice speakers that I got from a friend, a little Dacmagic and Emotiva Basx a-100 both bougth at 2nd hand market. SOme sonys headphones, MDR-7506.
I run foobar bitperfect USM drive2 on a windows PC for FLACs.

desk.jpg

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
1603735643120.jpeg

Definitely less goofy looking than the foam blocks I had them on. :)

I was pleasantly surprised, although the upper and lower parts are plastic, they seem quite solid, the "rubber" inserts appear to be well made and the tubular upright sections, which I thought might also be plastic, or possibly aluminium, are actually quite thick walled steel and pretty weighty.

As for the sound, I think my foam and granite slabs solution already worked quite well, but I think the sound is slightly better, bass seems very taught and imaging is good, you get that nice illusion where it seems the sound isn't actually coming from the speakers.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with these.

Last edited:

zym1010

Forum Donor
My first and end-game desktop 2.1 setup.

Genelec 8330A + Genelec 8330A + Genelec 7350A + IsoAcoustics ISO-130.

All digital setup, MacBook Pro -> Caldigit TS3 Plus -> Hosa ODL-312 -> 7350A -> left 8330A -> right 8330A.

After GLM correction, the frequency response is mostly flat with a few dips <3dB. No room treatment at all. Proper placement + GLM rock!

IMG_1522.JPG

Last edited:

shorewalker

Foobar2000 --> Topping D10 DAC --> Onkyo receiver --> Velodyne VX-11 sub --> PSB Alpha B speakers.

9StlUxC.jpg

ISZ2ovd.jpg

ew0N7Km.jpg
From the Topping to the PSBs, this is kind of a masterclass on how to put together a listenable system for absolutely no more money than you have to spend. The owner can move up the ladder nicely from here whenever the money becomes available - or just sit back and enjoy.
Is that a Chromecast Audio on the left?

escape2

Addicted to Fun and Learning
From the Topping to the PSBs, this is kind of a masterclass on how to put together a listenable system for absolutely no more money than you have to spend. The owner can move up the ladder nicely from here whenever the money becomes available - or just sit back and enjoy.
Thanks. Planning to replace the Onkyo receiver with Emotiva A100 amp, although at the rather low volumes that I typically listen, it's probably overkill.

Also got some stands not too long ago to elevate the speakers to ear level.

Y3bE0szl.jpg

Is that a Chromecast Audio on the left?
Nah, it's just a USB-C to HDMI adapter. I do have a CCA in another room though.

shorewalker

The Emotiva will give you the option to upgrade your speakers later, though. I've just upgraded to a Cambridge Audio CXA60 largely for this reason.

On the other hand, if you strike a sweet spot, upgrades can take longer than you expect. I bought my NAD 7020E in 1988, intending to upgrade sometime soon. It took just 32 years ... :)

I'm now looking to replace the NAD 8020E speakers I bought at the same time.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
My work set-up JBL 308Mk 2 and JBL 550p sub under my desk. IPod source and a JBL M552 crossover. Really like it actually spend a good amount of time listening to it.

Rob :)
I really like the standing desk setup you have. I need one of those.

Drinkchamps

Hi All.

New here. From NYC.

1st desk setup.

Philharmonic AA monitors
Integra DTR 6.5
Asus essence stx as the dac
0y7mZr2.jpg

Moved the Philharmonics to my living room since my Onix RS850's were too much speaker for that room(currently for sale if you're in the nyc area)

Revised.

Celestion 3se MKII
Integra DTR 6.5
2x Martin Logan dynamo 700's(under desk)
gykyGBJ.jpg

The Philharmonics KILL the Celestions in low end, but the Celestions far out punch them in the midrange and high end.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
COVID-19 Lockdown Desktop Audio Evolution...

March:
March (Small).jpg

December:
December (Small).jpg

Audio Changes:
Headphone Amp: JDS Labs Atom replaced by Topping A50s
Linear Power Supply: Added Topping P50
Remote Control: Added Topping RC-21
Monitor Speakers: Tannoy Reveal 402 replaced by iLoud MTM
Headphones: Added Sennheiser HD 660s and AKG K371
USB Isolation: Added Nobsound USB Isolator to fix ground loop issue introduced by the MTMs

Other Technology:
Monitor: Replaced 27" WQHD with 34" UWQHD with integraded KVM and USB hub
Keyboard: Replaced Logitech G413 with Durgod Taurus K320 TKL mechanical keyboard.

Top Bottom