• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiophile Heaven With Only Two Components

MaxwellsEq

Major Contributor
You have it already, SIY. It works between the Fosi and my Q Acoustics Concept 50 speakers, as well as with my second system where I use Sonus faber Lumina IIs. It does not perform with my Klipsch RP-600M IIs.
The problem @arancano is that it's easy to prove that there is absolutely no measurable benefit to bi-wiring. There may some circumstances where bi-amping a split passive speaker gives a measurable improvement.

OP
arancano

arancano

Then audiophiles that value proof will find what you have compelling.

HoweSound

The Sparkos dual op amp was $60 when I bought it. It is a fully discreet circuit. You need two and most people probably balk at spending an additional $120 for a $90 amp. I find them transformative. The Fosi has good quality components and is well engineered. Discreet op amps take it to the next level. I would love to see Amir retest the Fosi with the Sparkos installed. For me, trying them was the only way to know if they would improve the sound in my rig. Check out the reviews. They are pretty well regarded. There is no restocking fee if returned.

I'm glad you were able to source discreet ones - I hate it when my components start blabbing to each other about overheard conversations in the room....

VWOLT

После полувека аудиофилии я наконец-то полностью доволен своей аудиосистемой. Я наслаждаюсь своей музыкой, как никогда раньше. Путешествие заняло у меня десятки динамиков и электроники, а также многие тысячи долларов. Дорогое путешествие, к счастью, закончилось истощением моего собственного годового срока. Я с нетерпением жду еще как минимум двадцати лет блаженства от прослушивания музыки.

Fosi P20A Pro стал последним дополнением к моей уменьшенной двухкомпонентной системе. Ключом к его успеху и чрезвычайно скромной цене были:

1) Пара превосходных динамиков Q Acoustics Concept 50.
2) Пара операционных усилителей Sparkos Dual для замены штатных операционных усилителей Fosi.
3) Использование чрезвычайно доступного и невероятно хорошо звучащего акустического провода Micca 14-го калибра из чистой меди.
4) Доступное двухпроводное подключение динамиков Q Acoustic с помощью проводов Micca.
5) Корректирую свои недостатки слуха с помощью пары лучших слуховых аппаратов Jabra (есть аналог Costco).
6) Телефон Samsung S21 FE 5G с превосходным соотношением ЦАП.
7) Акустически правильное, но немного превосходное пространство для прослушивания музыки.

Вот и все! Двухкомпонентная установка, три, если считать телефон. У меня было оборудование стоимостью до 50 тысяч долларов, и я пять лет проработал в магазине высококачественной аудиотехники. Многим будет трудно сократить размеры оборудования до 6 тысяч долларов (включая слуховые аппараты и телефоны) и одновременно достичь звука, о котором мечтает большинство аудиофилов. Я бы солгал, если бы сказал, что это возможно всего несколько месяцев назад. По правде говоря, доступные и качественные слуховые аппараты стали доступны примерно два года назад. Фози и средство класса D — сравнительно недавнее явление.

И синергия решает все. Осмелюсь сказать, что того исключительно музыкального звука, который я сейчас слышу, не было бы, если бы не было всего вышеперечисленного. Эта установка превосходна для всех категорий, предусмотренных для описания высокого качества звука. Я подозреваю, что один из пунктов, который, скорее всего, будет упущен из виду, — это проверка слуха и приобретение доступных по цене слуховых аппаратов высокого класса, если это необходимо (менее 2 тысяч долларов, большинство брендов стоят более 5 тысяч долларов). Большинство людей не считают наши уши частью цепочки для восприятия музыки. Но он доступен большему количеству людей, чем вы думаете, и вы поймете, что на самом деле решающую роль он играет для прослушивания музыки, только если исправите возможные недостатки.

Результаты моего путешествия вы держали в течение некоторого времени. Конечно, мне хотелось бы услышать, как звучит какая-нибудь новая многообещающая технология, но я буду делать это из любопытства, а не из желания чего-то лучшего. Это трудно описать; желания просто нет. Я наслаждался музыкой на протяжении всего своего путешествия, но, когда музыка была в пункте назначения, где воспроизводится, я, конечно, считаю себя хорошо. Сейчас я на пенсии, и это замечательно, когда у меня есть время задуматься о быстро развивающемся музыкальном жанре - американу.

View attachment 366559
Искренние поздравления ! У Вас очень уютная атмосфера. Исследование проводов, помещений, дизайна и т.д. Я считаю второстепенным , главное это гармония, баланс внутренних чувств со звуком аппаратуры! Браво!

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
You have it already, SIY. It works between the Fosi and my Q Acoustics Concept 50 speakers, as well as with my second system where I use Sonus faber Lumina IIs. It does not perform with my Klipsch RP-600M IIs.
How did you determine this? It is an extraordinary claim.

kelesh

Forum Donor
After half a century as an audiophile, I am finally completely content with my audio system. I am enjoying my music like never before. The journey took me through dozens of speakers and electronics and many thousands of dollars. The expensive travel fortunately met its end before my own expiration date arrives. I look forward to at least a dozen more years of music listening bliss.

The Fosi P20A Pro was the final addition to my downsized two-component system. Key to its success, and extremely modest price tag were:

1) A pair of superb Q Acoustics Concept 50 speakers.
2) A pair of Sparkos Dual op amps to replace the Fosi's stock op amps.
3) Using the immensely affordable and unbelievably good sounding Micca 14 gauge pure copper speaker wire.
4) Bi-wiring the Q Acoustic speakers affordably with the Micca wire.
5) Correcting my hearing deficiencies with a pair of Jabra top-of-the-line hearing aids (there is a Costco equivalent).
6) A Samsung S21 FE 5G phone with superb internal DAC.
7) An acoustically right, but hardly over-the-top music listening space.

That's it! A two component setup, three counting the phone. I've had rigs costing up to $50K, and worked at a hi-end audio retailer for five years. Downsizing to a $6K rig (including hearing aids and phone) while achieving the kind of sound most audiophiles dream about is something many will find hard to believe. I'd be lying if I said I thought it possible just a few months ago. In truth, affordable and high quality hearing aids became available about two years ago. The Fosi, and class D amplification, are a fairly recent phenomena.

And, synergy is everything. I dare say the exceptionally musical sound I now hear would not be if all of the above were not in place. The rig excels in all of the categories used to described hi-end audio. I suspect the one item most likely to be overlooked is hearing testing and the acquisition of affordable hi-end hearing aids if needed (less than $2K, most brands run over $5K). Most folks don't think of our ears as a component in the music appreciation chain. But it is for more people than you think, and you only know how important a role it plays for music listening once you correct any existing deficiencies.

My journey results have withstood the test of time. Sure, I would like to hear how some new promising technology sounds, but I'd be doing it out of curiosity, not for wanting something better. It's hard to describe; the desire is simply not there. I've enjoyed music throughout my journey, but having arrived at a music reproduction destination sure feels good. Now retired, it's wonderful having the time to explore a quickly evolving music genre - Americana.

View attachment 366559

I usually tend to over-complicate everything, yet I can still appreciate the simplicity of your acoustic space. The carpet is perfect, the violins are a nice touch, and that Magritte-style painting is awesome. Congratulations and enjoy the music.

Top Bottom