• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Blizzard's new Super Stream

Mivera

Major Contributor
Is your Superstream still running smooth Keith? Or has it melted down into a pile of smoldering ashes and cheap aluminum?

Jabr

It is a shame those measurement boys are starting to troll this threat as well.
Don't get side tracked or drawn in, Mike.

These measurement boys are the death of progress. All true progress comes from thinking out of the box and experiment and gather empirical evidence.
All good gear I know of is in the end always tuned by ear and not by measurements.

Mivera

Major Contributor
It is a shame those measurement boys are starting to troll this threat as well.
Don't get side tracked or drawn in, Mike.

These measurement boys are the death of progress. All true progress comes from thinking out of the box and experiment and gather empirical evidence.

Jabbr you are on the wrong forum to speak that language. Unless you're on the engineering team, I view measurement data as marketing material. So I will provide it. It may help with sales. But ultimately 95% of our sales will be due to subjective impressions. This objective data will be worthless to most.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Cables that's where you should be, these guys believe anything you tell them, they are fruit ripe for the picking, or upgrades ,where you are shown a cup of parts which have been replaced only to discover later ( fron a proper engineer) that no parts were actually replaced at all!
Now that's class!
Keith
Yes keith your new religion is better than the old religion. .. preach it baby!:D

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
You can on longer tell the charlatan from someone who is honest, keep buying the 'black ravioli'
Keith

Mivera

Major Contributor
Keith I'll have a PD2 here on Monday. Between me, you and Geardaddy we can have a 3 way Superstream/PD2 circle jerk.

Mivera

Major Contributor
I'm getting hungry with that talk of ravioli :)

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
You can on longer tell the charlatan from someone who is honest, keep buying the 'black ravioli'
Keith
Its all based on honest belief keith...

Your belief is less far fetched for sure but without the nessary knowlage and understanding it remains just a belief.

I see nothing from you to suggest otherwise.

Its ok but it needs to be seen in proper context else its no different from any other. Certainly does not afford one the right to ridicule.

You make nothing but subjective claims but seem to consider your plight superior.

Why? Because you hero worship guys and throw yourself at things claiming they are the best. This is fine, but its a belief keith and nothing more...

you have a revarence of engineering and thats great i guess.

Your threads both here and else where dont show any technical merrit or indication you really understand what it is your pushing... its all done out of your belief keith.

Nothing wrong with that but you could do with gaining some perspective. You worship at a different church... belief and worship nothing more.

Mivera

Major Contributor
Black ravioli vodka sauce.jpg
Keith you bastard. Now I'm hungry

Black ravioli.jpg

My mouth sure is watering Keith. Is there any objective data to prove this tastes better than white ravioli?

Last edited:

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
My Belles stuff came with black ravioli footers... I have made no claim of ' the best base ever in my room' after using them..

No claims of the best anything from me, that's the difference!

Claims are to be backed up with measurements and or sufficient technical understanding and explanation of audio engineering etc.

Else it's all just hot air, and if your selling stuff rather cynical hot air at that. God forbid anyone condemns subjective opinions then uses the very same thing to push products about the Internet... Who would do such a thing:D

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
It is the way stuff is sold to punters who have no technical knowledge whatsoever, if it's any consolation I too bought expensive cables, and why not the mags promote them, the manufacturers and dealers too.
You just need to start reading , decide what can and what cannot possibly effect sound quality.
Keith.

ceedee

You just need to start reading , decide what can and what cannot possibly effect sound quality.
Exactly! I think collectively we have done this, which is why we are here. I'm not sure why anyone who would deride the use of (or request of) measurements would be here on this forum, but I underestimate how much some like to argue!

There are plenty of things which are reasonable to expect would make a real difference in sound quality. Speakers, turntables, room treatments, mastering, DACs to some extent, etc. You don't see someone requesting objective data every time someone makes a subjective claim about things that are largely accepted to make a difference.

Computers are not one of the things that I would accept at face value as making an audible difference. If you're on here selling a computer and saying it sounds better than other computers, it's reasonable to ask for evidence of that. The same claims are being made here (your computer is doing 1000s of other things that are detrimental to your sound quality) as they are on audiophile forums. It was my impression that this place is trying to be different.

Jabr

Computers are not one of the things that I would accept at face value as making an audible difference. .....

Such a remark as this shows for me the lack of the most basic understanding electronics in digital and analogue music reproduction ...
Get some education first !

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
image.jpeg
Such a remark as this shows for me the lack of the most basic understanding electronics in digital and analogue music reproduction ...
Get some education first !
I'm feeling stoopid now. Please educate me.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
It's funny; our blue planet is beautiful, men is fighting men for control and power, wars are started from all sorts of things, and here we try to advance in our audio journey. :) ...Beam me up Scotty! Super stream me! :D

mingkahn

Not bitter, just my journey though dealing with so called highend audio has highlighted issues.

You have no idea of how my system sounds, your not qualified to make the kind of sweeping statements you do but that's your style.. In England you would be referred to as a 'gob on a stick'.

You make all sorts of corrupt assumptions Mike, That's not to say your always wrong though. Your just not right as often as you think:D
why problem big dog smart dog you cant be smart dog to

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
I wonder why the Khan-man never addresses Mike?

Phelonious Ponk

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Worrying about it rather than having the ability to simply listen and enjoy would be a stress that's too much for me. Personally I'd rather worry about which track to pick rather than tweaking my gear.

Agreed. But I'm not making claims for a product I'm selling. That demands a higher standard.

Tim

Top Bottom