• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Marantz AV10 AV Processor Review

Rate This AV Processor:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 21 7.3%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 81 28.3%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 181 63.3%

• Total voters

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks. Is there any way to online ‘play’ with the interface, or do you know of a good YT video walking us through it?

Because it’s a big expense, and I wouldn’t want to get a system that doesn’t suit my needs…

By the way, I found the following MultEQ Editor app screenshot in my inventory.:)
It is just an example of what Ratbuddyssey (or similar 3rd UI) allows you to shape the target curve (as you said: push it up/down, except that in this case, you don't have to push the whole line at once) like you could with manual EQ such as Yamaha's PEQ feature. That is, you could push individual frequency points of your choice, as described by @dlaloum .

Without those 3rd party UI, you could try doing it with your finger of touch pen, I tried, and learned to give up lol...

1715168563761.png

Last edited:

Newman

Major Contributor
It’s a bit like driving forwards by looking in your rear view mirror at someone in the back seat waving their hands frantically to indicate what’s going on in front of you. :cool::cool::cool:

dlaloum

Major Contributor
It’s a bit like driving forwards by looking in your rear view mirror at someone in the back seat waving their hands frantically to indicate what’s going on in front of you. :cool::cool::cool:
There is definitely an absence of the immediate subjective feedback available from a tone control or graphic equaliser...

tjcinnamon

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Someone expressed disappointment that Marantz didn't include manual PEQ, that Yamaha did.

In fact, AV10 can do PEQ, not exactly PEQ, but sort of. That is, with the $200 app one can manually import PEQs such as those done with REW to it and it will implement those PEQ parameters with the FIR filters, that should be more effective anyway.

There are no shortages of YT videos on the topic, aside from Audyssey's.
This is another method that leverages REWs new API.

Its nifty software

Top Bottom