• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Miguelón

Honestly, this sort of thing is why you were suspected of being a troll

Honestly, this sort of thing is why you were suspected of being a troll.
Maybe, I don’t care so much what I consider to be, but I’m sad for making Pablolie to be angry. Was not my intention, I apologized to him on my answer to his reply…

Jim Taylor

Forum Donor
Scientific method is no more than a method. The so called “conclusions” are in fact “hypothesis”. As a hypothesis cannot be verified by the method, just contradicted, it will be always a “belief”.
So science is a set of collective beliefs taken as universal truths.

Not necessarily true:

In a theoretical way, one thing that makes the scientific method very desirable is that no matter the person, one can ever have doubts of what is true or not, and the doubt is healthy for the method.

Theoretically, that is true. Theoretically, if I shot you in one foot with a 12 ga. shotgun and it hurt like hell, that does in no way prove that if I shot you in the other foot with a 12 ga. it would also hurt.

I really doubt that you want me to shoot you in either foot with a 12 ga. to see whether it would hurt ... right?

See? Some things go beyond simple "beliefs". :D :D

Jim

Miguelón

Not necessarily true:

Theoretically, that is true. Theoretically, if I shot you in one foot with a 12 ga. shotgun and it hurt like hell, that does in no way prove that if I shot you in the other foot with a 12 ga. it would also hurt.

I really doubt that you want me to shoot you in either foot with a 12 ga. to see whether it would hurt ... right?

See? Some things go beyond simple "beliefs". :D :D

Jim
Please don’t shoot me! As a cure for pseudo-intellectualism it will be a little excessive…

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Can you prove there is no better method?
Scientific method is no more than a method. The so called “conclusions” are in fact “hypothesis”. As a hypothesis cannot be verified by the method, just contradicted, it will be always a “belief”.
So science is a set of collective beliefs taken as universal truths.

Is there a point to all this?

Please don’t shoot me! As a cure for pseudo-intellectualism it will be a little excessive…

That's enough. Your act has worn thin.

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Miss_Sissy

Personally I’m not offended, I think it was just a communication error…

You started to participate in a point of a light and slightly comical philosophical debate

Without the benefit of seeing facial expressions or hearing telltale intonations and chuckles, it's often difficult to discern when someone is "kidding" in an online discussion. That's where emojis/smilies come in. Even an occasional "{kidding}" can help immensely.

Did you, perchance, end up here when your browser autocorrected AudioSeanceReview to AudioScienceReview? :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom