• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Trinnov Altitude 16 Review (AV Processor)

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
I have determined the delay with REW.
Impulse measurements.

No option for negative delay but we can often increase the distance. Not possible with Trinnov.
I do not know about distance explicitly, but you should be able to change the delay in ms, which is basically the same thing (about 1 foot per ms).

Gorth33

I do not know about distance explicitly, but you should be able to change the delay in ms, which is basically the same thing (about 1 foot per ms).
For my need I have to change with negative delay.
It is not possible.
I should put the positive value of delay to all speakers but I wish to avoid that because global delay (image/sound) should be impacted.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
The Monolith HTP-1 allows you to provides negative user correction as long as the delay is positive.

A really smart processor could allow negative delay by just adding the delay to the video. :)
Yah, as long as the minimum is 0 (or more likely some tiny number for processing delay) it should work OK. I assumed it would minimize latency by delaying everything as little as possible to match the speaker furthest from the listening position but do not know.

Most every system I have seen assumes video processing takes longer than audio and only allows audio delay. That is based upon a little research years ago, though, so take with a grain of salt. I suspect it is more difficult to delay video (processing more involved) but again way outside my area of expertise.

Keith_W

Major Contributor
@amirm the next time you review a DSP unit, would you be able to include some comments on the DSP part. Nobody buys a Trinnov or MiniDSP because of the quality of the DAC, they buy it for the DSP. There is a lot to say about the hardware (does it have adequate processing power? Are you limited to IIR's?), software (easy to use? Does it hide controls from the user? Does it require proprietary filters?), and whether it actually does its job.

Top Bottom