• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Can't reccomend any - I assume you had one in mind since you had a list of voltage/current options.

RHO

Major Contributor

oslosl

Since you can get the A07 for as low as $60, it feels stupid to spend more on the PSU (i.e 36V, 10A)

Last edited:

wave

or

Walter

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have to use a build-in enclosed power supply, so I was thinking about Meanwell LRS-150-36, but 36V, 4.5 A might be to small for the 15" woofer 250W, 98 dB ?
The LRS-350-36 would seem to be a better choice.

oslosl

or

Any idea of noise and ripple ?

wave

Any idea of noise and ripple ?
According to specs Less than 250mV peak to peak .

There are videos on YouTube where they tested those psus and verified the specs.

I installed an extra capacitor of low esr 1000uF 63V Japan brand Rubycon on the voltage rail near the amp DC input to lower the ripple even More

PopBlast

Hello! I would like to buy the Aiyima A07 to power my tower speakers (impedance: 8 ohms, RMS power: 120W, sensitivity: 91 dB). Will the the standard Aiyima power supply (32V 5A) be enough to play music loud (105dB at 1m) without clipping? Do I need to buy additional power supply (36V 6A or 48V 7.3A)? May be it's better to get another amplifier?

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
May be it's better to get another amplifier?

Yes. It's a little desktop toy amplifier. Not intended nor advised to be used to run a decent pair of floor standers at a high level for a long period. It just won't do it.

Get a real amplifier, say a 80-100wpc Yamaha (AS-501/AS-701) integrated that can run all day, stay cool and pump out the tunes without overheating and shutting off.

Here's what an AS-700/701 core amplifier section is built like:

1652593478647.png

Last edited:

Roland68

Major Contributor
But it is rather expensive.
I advise you against buying such cheap switching power supplies.
Mean Well and other well-known manufacturers not only have stamps on their power supplies, but also the real protective circuits, laboratory tests and external tests with certificates.
Just have a look in the 3d printing forums how many users have grilled their devices with 3d printers and the electronics with defective cheap switching power supplies. By the way, they use the same series of power supplies (24 volts/300-500 watts)

How much have you saved if your amp (or more) goes up in smoke?

oslosl

I advise you against buying such cheap switching power supplies.
Mean Well and other well-known manufacturers not only have stamps on their power supplies, but also the real protective circuits, laboratory tests and external tests with certificates.
Just have a look in the 3d printing forums how many users have grilled their devices with 3d printers and the electronics with defective cheap switching power supplies. By the way, they use the same series of power supplies (24 volts/300-500 watts)

How much have you saved if your amp (or more) goes up in smoke?
I decided for the Meanwell LRS-200-36. How can you check if it is a copy ?

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I decided for the Meanwell LRS-200-36. How can you check if it is a copy ?
You probably can't. Best way to be safe is to buy it from a reputable dealer with a track record. They have something to loose by selling fakes.

D

Deleted member 46664

Why would you want to change the ratio? You need to send the same gain to both woofer and tweeter. The lower levels to the tweeter are naturally in the music.
True ... except that when you take the crossover out of the equation, you loose any LPad attenuation used on the tweeter and sometimes that can get just a little bit overwhelming.

D

Deleted member 46664

Hello! I would like to buy the Aiyima A07 to power my tower speakers (impedance: 8 ohms, RMS power: 120W, sensitivity: 91 dB). Will the the standard Aiyima power supply (32V 5A) be enough to play music loud (105dB at 1m) without clipping? Do I need to buy additional power supply (36V 6A or 48V 7.3A)? May be it's better to get another amplifier?

I have mine running a pair of SP-FS52 Pioneers and it gets loud enough that you can't stay in the room with it.

Why do you need 105db? Down that road lies hearing damage.

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Since you can get the A07 for as low as $60, it feels stupid to spend more on the PSU (i.e 36V, 10A)
Not at all. The PSU will be doing most of the work and it's definitely the biggest bottleneck in terms of safety and reliability.