• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

2020 Corvette Convertible $66,400

Status
Not open for further replies.

bequietjk

Alright, people. It's time we setup a group drop ship donation, probably the largest to date and get this 2020 Corvette to the Apx555. C'mon, we can do it.

I haven't been a fan of the Corvette since the C6 and ohhhhhhh boy, does this thing scream beauty.

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Apparently diesel electric pulls as well as steam and at higher speeds.
Many people are not aware that diesel locomotives are actually diesel-electric locomotives as you state - with electric motors providing massive amounts of torque to the drive wheels - instant torque just like electric cars and trucks.

(I won 2nd place in physics at the Chicago city-wide high school science fair at the Museum of Science and Industry in 1960 - the pinnacle of my "scientific career". One of the prizes for the top two physics winners was a trip to General Motors new (at the time) Tech Center in Warren Michigan It was sponsored by the Electro-Motive Division (EMD) of GM, and included a tour of the diesel locomotive research and manufacturing facility in Lagrange, Illinois. I will never forget those big motors with their monster heavy-gauge primary windings.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom