• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aiyima makes a $125 XLR TPA3255 amp w/ internal psu and double VU meters!

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Have you seen Chernobyl? It's worth it. At one point someone asks why there wasn't a certain security device installed.
its_cheaper.gif

Schlippwhip68

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Changed my mind and decided to keep this amp and put up with the pop. Its a hassle returning from the UK to China. I have contacted Aiyima as it actually their amp regardless of the name on the amp and will have a chat about it in good spirit. Have a peaceful day ASR!

Schlippwhip68

This little sounds a fair bit cleaner than my Onkyo A9010 which is one very good reason to keep it regardless…I actually like the JRCNE5532 op amps in this. Very punchy sound, thae bass is excellent and is pounding through with clarity through my MA200 floorstanders really quite impressive I dont think there is any need to roll the op amps with this one, although I already have but never needed to. This is a very good amp out of the box for EDM, Rock, Hip Hip, Reggae, Electro Blues, etc….at this price this is very, very good. Yeah, credit where credit is due its a good amp from Aiyima organically speaking and hopefully they will kill that pop on shut down as soon as possible but as The Bats Ear mentioned I don’t think it will cause any damage to the speakers and it even seemed to quiet down a bit after a couple of hours but it is still there.

Last edited:

Schlippwhip68

Hey,
Aiyima contacted me this morning apologised and have said it’s possiblly a capacitor issue and have an engineer on the job. They also offered a discount on my next order which is nice. I have also asked them to confirm the capacitor issue so a fix will be possible here in the UK rather than return the amp. Progress working together on the issue.

Schlippwhip68

More op amp rolling, popped the JRC NE5532 back in ran it while and the initial sharpness has disappeared. They have smoothed out and actually sound very good. Quite a big soundstage. Now trying the Muses 8920 for a while…

Schlippwhip68

This amp rocks with the Bluetooth!! To be honest here I was a little put off by the instant connection when you switch the amp on but the implementation of the Bluetooth on this amp is excellent, it’s super clear with plenty of frequency detail so much so that Airplay is not so much of an better alternative anymore and I don’t find myself using my WiiM Pro or external dac much but when I do, it just gets better! Using the Macbook Air M2 with J River software connecting directly to the Wiim Pro without an external dac and via RCA sounds fantastic! Its rocking my Monitor Audio Bronze 200s and in turn putting a big smile on my face and I am fussy about sound quality folks! My Topping E50 is out of commission presently but when its back then again, improvement. The connection is solid too using my iPhone 12 and so now ultra convenient as is Bluetooth but with great sound quality as well. The pop on switch off has even softened down with use and according to Aiyima this is a separate issue that is being addressed and not one that will affect this line of amplifier in general. The amp seems to have settled down since its arrival at the begining of this post. The sharpness from the treble tone control (bass is great too) has softened, so it really was just the amp needed to burn in a little and this proves that often doubted concept for me, or at least it does with this specific amp. It’s another great budget amp from Aiyima that punches above its weight with great success! I’m using it more than my V3 from Fosi now too, sorry Fosi and although the stock JRCNE5532 op amps are actually very good, well balanced with good bass and a fair bit of air around the highs transpiring good detail and instrument separation, I have swapped them out for the Muses 8820d which are also very, very nice! So in the words of our friend Amir, I am happy to recommend this amplifier from Aiyima and to add I don't say that lightly!

Last edited:

Schlippwhip68

Hi everyone
Ok I have to add this to make sure that Aiyima are not misrepresented in this thread. As all have read this will have read about the dreaded pop when this amp shut down. It was an issue when the amp first arrived but since using it for the past month the pop has been decreasing when turning off the amp. I am not an electrician but this good news. I think the amp just needed to literally burn in as some might say but now the is virtually no pop at all just a very slight sound of static at worse. I really cannot explain it but I am really happy with it that it has ‘settled’. Its a great amp and do not be put off buying one, it really is great value for money and sounds great. The Bluetooth is of a high standard, clean and full and while it connects as a priority over everything else which some don’t like, its hardly an issue just to toggle the Bluetooth on your phone to connect to analog input which it does immediately. Its a great sounding amp and looks cool too.

SonicSleuth

Just got one China to UK, playing into Kelly KT3 (95dB) floor standers and Anthem CD-1 CD Player, I also stream from a Wiim Pro digital out into a (modified) DacMagic . Sounds great at night listening levels, need to do more daytime listening, but most of my listening is at night, lovely detailed presentation. Not initially, I didn't like it, lifeless, but after a while it opened up, also did small tweaks of the tone controls, can give very different feel to the sound, without changing amp, cables or speakers, nice. I feel with my particular setup the amplifer IS capable of conveying the emotion of the music and that above all is important. One must be in the right frame of mind ofc.

I will say I had some issue with the RCA sockets slight low level buzz/hum, I removed the RCA cables, still there. Pressed on the case and wiggled various things... Suddenly sound disappeared, Rca connectors... Could have been a solder joint (the are 3 pins plus two screws holding it on), I figured well, I just bought it I'm not having that! So I took it apart and replaced those with nice quality individual ones, with a noticeable improvement in sound and that buzzy hum is gone.

I feel more upgrades could be done to improve it overall by upgrading some capacitors to actual decent ones like Nichicon or, Panasonic or Nippon Chemicon, especially in the power supply, many china crappy poonakky branded ones, next mouser order I'll get some, but itll have to wait for now, im working on a Pioneer SA-9100 that someone butchered badly. Enjoying as is.

Questions ask, I'll be using it as my main amp for a bit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom