• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AXPONA 2024 - List of companies displaying Purify based amplifiers

wscottdo

Hi,

I will be attending the AXPONA show in a couple of weeks. I am hoping to hear some Purifi based amplifiers.

Does anyone know which companies will be displaying amplifiers with Purifi?

Thanks

Norcal

Hi,

I will be attending the AXPONA show in a couple of weeks. I am hoping to hear some Purifi based amplifiers.

Thanks
What you will hear is a combination of the electronics, the speakers and the room with the speakers and the room dominating what you perceive, so it will be very, very difficult for you to deconvolve these effects and 'hear' the amplifier in isolation. Even if you somehow could do so, the science-based position at ASR is that properly implemented amplifiers (incl Purifi) operating within their intended operating range should not sound different. The Purifi designs have some advantages vs other Class D designs, but those advantages are not really sonic.

I wish you the best of luck, but I'm pretty sure listening at AXPONA won't give you the information you're looking for...

OP
W

wscottdo

OK.

I agree with you. Perhaps, I should of just asked which amplifiers with Purify will be attending AXPONA, not necessariy to hear differences, but to evaluate their other attributes, amd perhaps dealer show discounts?

OP
W

wscottdo

I appreciate the comments and insight above, albeit a bit of tangent :)

The question posed is, does anyone know which companies will be displaying amplifiers with Purifi at AXPONA this year?

Thanks for your help

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I appreciate the comments and insight above, albeit a bit of tangent :)

The question posed is, does anyone know which companies will be displaying amplifiers with Purifi at AXPONA this year?

Thanks for your help
I used the pull down menu and searched Purifi and found none.

stvnharr

You have time. You will need to do your own research. Go thru the exhibitor list and see who is showing. You also need to know the amps that use the Purifi modules. Doesn't look like anyone here will really answer your direct question other than You.

Ornette

I just had a quick look through the exhibitor list. NAD offers Purifi-based amps. Atma-Sphere, Bel Canto, and PS Audio offer class D amps based on proprietary tech. You may want to contact these companies to see what they plan to bring to the show. There may also be other vendors I missed.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That is surprising
Not really - the shows tend to be at the higher end (or should I just say high priced? - or perhaps mainstream rather than small builders) of the audio world.

Few manufacturers in that space want to admit they are just buying in off the shelf modules for their amps - how can they then spin the story of how much better their amps are?

That is not to say they are not bringing purify (or hypex) based amps - but they are unlikely to crow about it.

pogo

Major Contributor
NAD
AURENDER
T+A
Lyngdorf (maybe)

Top Bottom