• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

BACCH4 Mac ORC recommended recordinings?

OG1950XXX

Besides, wouldn't you want your Room to sound like your best headphones ?
I just returned from the website an I'm wondering if you are aware that the output can be to an external source allowing you to tweak those HxWxD parameters, while Spatially moving around a 360' arc, place a sound object anywhere, only limits will be your system itself .

Justdafactsmaam

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I just returned from the website an I'm wondering if you are aware that the output can be to an external source allowing you to tweak those HxWxD parameters, while Spatially moving around a 360' arc, place a sound object anywhere, only limits will be your system itself .
Not really sure what you are saying. External source? Turntable? CD player etc?

OP
J

jimbill

Besides, wouldn't you want your Room to sound like your best headphones ?
So, Boom sounded the same or better than BACCH? Or are you saying B&O 90 speakers accomplish the same thing? Boom at $20 is a deal, B&O 90's at $120,000, not so much.

Toeing in does not cancel crosstalk. I have Martin Logan speakers. Toeing in makes a big difference with them because they are very directional. BACCH eliminates the need for toeing in or out. Also, the speakers don't need to be the exact distance from center. And the sweet spot is wide enough that it no longer is a concern.

And no, I don't want my room to sound like headphones, where the sound stage is in my head. I want the sound stage to be in front of me, as wide and precise as the original recording allows.

Last edited:

OG1950XXX

So, Boom sounded the same or better than BACCH? Or are you saying B&O 90 speakers accomplish the same thing? Boom at $20 is a deal, B&O 90's at $120,000, not so much.

Toeing in does not cancel crosstalk. I have Martin Logan speakers. Toeing in makes a big difference with them because they are very directional. BACCH eliminates the need for toeing in or out. Also, the speakers don't need to be the exact distance from center. And the sweet spot is wide enough that it no longer is a concern.

And no, I don't want my room to sound like headphones, where the sound stage is in my head. I want the sound stage to be in front of me, as wide and precise as the original recording allows.
I saying B3D sounds better than BACCH in my B&O Balanced pairs because the B&O people eliminated cancelling crosstalk and such. I don’t expect anybody would, I was referring to the clarity and depth of details but mostly the weight of the scores.
You can toe those ML ‘s, but moment you move from a certain position?

OG1950XXX

I saying B3D sounds better than BACCH in my B&O Balanced pairs because the B&O people eliminated cancelling crosstalk and such. I don’t expect anybody would, I was referring to the clarity and depth of details but mostly the weight of the scores.
You can toe those ML ‘s, but moment you move from a certain position?
My sweet spot is the entire room

mieswall

It’s amazing how much people feel entitled to lecture about a product they haven’t even listened. If they do (the b4m audiophile edition, don’t know about the intro) they wouldn’t be posting all this silliness.

I have just read in Stereophile about some 80k speakers and the amazing dissapearing act they achieve; the depth of soundstage, the physical presence and corporeity of singers and instruments, the amazing stable imaging, the pin point accuracy in locating each instrument in space, etc. That’s exactly the things that enourmously improved in my system… with 3k speakers (maggies 1.7i) and a mere 8 and 10db of xtc possible in my room. In fact, i would bet that better (in those aspects) than what that gear for millionaires can.
B4M at $5k expensive? It’s the biggest bargain i have ever known in decades of passionate audiophilia.

Preparing a demo i’ve tried yesterday some soft music i really don’t listen very much: joao gilberto, carpenters, simon&garfunkel, jim croce, etc. Just shocking… they were all alive in my room, you can almost touch them.
Then some soft classic rock: lucky man, from the beginning of ELP; inmates lullaby of gentle giant, fifth of firth of Genesis… OMG…
Most of that, music recorded 40+ yrs ago, listened hundred of times before… all of the sudden, brand new. This is priceless.

OP
J

jimbill

It’s amazing how much people feel entitled to lecture about a product they haven’t even listened. If they do (the b4m audiophile edition, don’t know about the intro) they wouldn’t be posting all this silliness.

I have just read in Stereophile about some 80k speakers and the amazing dissapearing act they achieve; the depth of soundstage, the physical presence and corporeity of singers and instruments, the amazing stable imaging, the pin point accuracy in locating each instrument in space, etc. That’s exactly the things that enourmously improved in my system… with 3k speakers (maggies 1.7i) and a mere 8 and 10db of xtc possible in my room. In fact, i would bet that better (in those aspects) than what that gear for millionaires can.
B4M at $5k expensive? It’s the biggest bargain i have ever known in decades of passionate audiophilia.

Preparing a demo i’ve tried yesterday some soft music i really don’t listen very much: joao gilberto, carpenters, simon&garfunkel, jim croce, etc. Just shocking… they were all alive in my room, you can almost touch them.
Then some soft classic rock: lucky man, from the beginning of ELP; inmates lullaby of gentle giant, fifth of firth of Genesis… OMG…
Most of that, music recorded 40+ yrs ago, listened hundred of times before… all of the sudden, brand new. This is priceless.
I agree.

So many times, people who haven't heard it write it off as a gimmick or that the same thing can be achieved with room treatment. And then there are the ones who say it artificially changes the music and the artists' intent.

And lastly, there are the ones who say they have heard it but then describe it as something else. I have my doubts that they ever heard it. I have demonstrated it many times and have yet to have a person not amazed by it.

goat76

Major Contributor
I agree.

So many times, people who haven't heard it write it off as a gimmick or that the same thing can be achieved with room treatment. And then there are the ones who say it artificially changes the music and the artists' intent.

And lastly, there are the ones who say they have heard it but then describe it as something else. I have my doubts that they ever heard it. I have demonstrated it many times and have yet to have a person not amazed by it.

I have not seen people writing it off without hearing it, who are they and in what thread did you read that?

OP
J

jimbill

I have not seen people writing it off without hearing it, who are they and in what thread did you read that?
Please go to my post about it being TAS Product of the Year. Page two has a couple of examples.

goat76

Major Contributor
Please go to my post about it being TAS Product of the Year. Page two has a couple of examples.

I skimmed through that page but can’t find any comments like that, maybe you can be more specific on what posts you mean?

Top Bottom